Re: [TriumphTrophy] "59" club

  • BWG3COY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 6, 2008
      colinwatkins@... writes:

      Google it and you get - _http://www.the59cluhttp://ww_
      (http://www.the59club.org.uk/)

      Colin.

      From: _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
      [mailto:_TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_
      (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com) ]
      On Behalf Of captndaveandpeggysuOn
      Sent: 04 October 2008 09:48
      To: _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
      Subject: [TriumphTrophy] "59" club

      in reading of of my triumph history books, i came across the "59" club in
      pics and text. i'm 60, and i remember the "mods & rockers, the ace cafe',
      what "doing the ton" meant,etc. but i can't remember what the "59" was all
      about. anyone remember? dave

      Yes I am in it and have been for years, I used to work opposite the
      Clubhouse in Plaistow East London

      John Bonnewell

    • C BENNETT
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
        The 59 Club was a club formed in 1959 by a biking vicar in east London for the younger bike riding members of his flock 59 = 1959.
        Colin