Re: [TriumphTrophy] Bike to Bike intercoms anyone used them??

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      Autocom!

      I've got a couple of motocoms I spend $$ for sitting on the shelf. No comparison. Before I bought the Modocoms I had a ChatterBox, also not to my liking. There is a reason why the BMW tourers like and recomend the Autocoms. It jsut plain works and works well. You get what you pay for.

      Buy Autocom first or buy twice. In the end I would have saved allot of $$ had I just bit the bullet and bought the Autocom

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      96 Magna Red Honda PC-800
      Augusta, GA / Jacksonville, FL

      -------------- Original message from "Tony" <bikertone7@...>: --------------

      Thinking of getting a couple for me and a mate when we go to Europe in
      Spring. Anyone got any experience of them and if so what would you
      recommend?

      Cheers

      BT.

    • rlkefauver
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        The Cardo Scala Q2 is a good bike to bike comm as well as blue tooth
        for your cell and voice command GPS. You can talk to 2 other riders.
        It also gets FM radio reception which isn't great but better than
        nothing. I think the company is based in Europe, but has retailers in
        the US where I found my unit.
      • Erv
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
          I second the motion for the Autocom. I also tried the Chatterbox. The
          audio was fine for intercom, but if you like to listen to music, it
          sucked. Also, the wireing and plugs will fall apart in short order.
          Yea, the Autocom is pricy, but you get what you pay for. Heavy duty
          leads and water proof connections, high quality audio(I have XM radio
          hooked up), vox switching, true noise canceling mikes. Well worth the
          price in my opinion.

          Happy Trails!
          Erv
          Deep in the Heart of Texas!!