conversions

  • Neil Christie
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2008
      "How many of what kind of feet are in an Imperial Mile, pray tell?"

      Same number - 5,280 - but they are all big feet, in ugly shoes.

      OH - and a mile you forgot - nautical mile, 6,000 feet (2,000 yards)

      Neil

    • Tom & Lisa Pritchard
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2008
        Well, no, I didn't forget knots.  I just wasn't aware that they made amphibious Trophies or any other motorcycles for that matter, although I could be very mistaken.  Someone, somewhere may well have put paddles on undersized wheels and tires and waterwings on a two wheeler and achieved forward motion on water.

        I thought I was missing something when Andrew made the reference to Imperial Miles, which set me on this whole discovery process.  A wasted day is one in which you don't learn anything so obviously today wasn't wasted.  Aren't there any ballerinas in the U.K.?