UK Tax disc holders

  • s1den
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
      My trophy came with the tax disc holder on a brake calliper bolt on
      the right hand side.
      When I took the wheel off for a new tyre, one of the calliper bolts on
      the left hand side was not even finger tight and there was very little
      thread left in the calliper. I guess this explains why the tax disc
      holder was on the wrong side of the bike.

      I had the bike shop put a heli-coil in and all is good now, but the
      tax disc now lives under my seat.

      Does anyone in the UK have a good suggestion of where to mount it? I
      want it out of the way, don't want it on anything critical and don't
      want it in a position where it could clash with the radiator when
      hitting a pot hole. The only other place I can see is inside the wind
      screen like on a car but because the screen is so far forward I think
      this will restrict my vision and be a distraction, and also runs more
      of a risk of being thieved.
      Otherwise, it's going to stay under the seat and I'll run the risk.
      Officially it should be on the left hand side forward of the engine.

      I have checked through the old messages, but all I found was a post
      from 2003
      (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TriumphTrophy/message/26416)
      pointing at pictures that I can't find.

      Many thanks, Simon.
      '98 Platinum 1200
    • bulwark41
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
        i have mine mounted on the right side infill panel(down by yor right
        knee). allen bolt should already be in there, you can reach through the
        grill/fins on the side panel to get to the nut on the other side. i can
        send a photo if needed.
      • Alec Gore
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2008
          Lower left fairing Allen bolt, so the holder slots in between the fairing
          and the retaining bolt. Disc holder hangs out about level with the water
          pump.

          My trophy came with the tax disc holder ...

          Does anyone in the UK have a good suggestion of where to mount it?

          Database version: 5.10650
        • s1den
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 10, 2008
            Perfect, Thanks.