Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: New to board - Cardiff?

  • BWG3COY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
      In a message dated 04/09/2008 17:26:15 GMT Standard Time, bobmic@...
      writes:

      Not sure how Cardiff got into "welcome to the board" but we have a
      Cardiff in So California also. Nice place.

      Well I suppose its friendship Bob : )

      Yeah I have a mate in Wisconsin. Apparently the town thre called Wales
      speaks welsh, and flies Welsh flags everywhere

      I suppose another thing about Cardiff is It may get me to meet some other
      Trophy Owners
      JB

    • Wm Snyder
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
        We have a Cardiff in Pennsylvania, too (In Cambria County). It consists of 3 or 4 hunting camps along a dirt road in the mountains at the scene of a former (what else?) mining operation.

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
          In a message dated 04/09/2008 22:52:13 GMT Standard Time, snydhack@...
          writes:

          We have a Cardiff in Pennsylvania, too (In Cambria County). It consists of 3
          or 4 hunting camps along a dirt road in the mountains at the scene of a
          former (what else?) mining operation

          Bit far away from California though
          JB

        • brillooo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
            Isn't Cardiff on the north side of London

            Not sure how Cardiff got into "welcome to the board" but we have a
            Cardiff in So California also. Nice place.

            Not sure how Cardiff got into "welcome to the board" but we have a
            Cardiff in So California also. Nice place.

            http://tinyurl.com/6kdkq9

            Oh yah...welcome to the board...

            Bob
            01 Trophy 900 new to the board and Trophy also.

            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Steven Jennings
            <stevenajennings@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the warm welcome. Where is Cardiff? I am in So.
            California.

          • Tom & Lisa Pritchard
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
              Cardiff is the capital of the country of Wales on England's south/mid
              west coast. Wales is famous for its coal, sheep, men's choirs, Dylan
              Thomas, and Richard Burton (but to name a few of the things they're
              famous for). They are one of the Celtic tribal groups that include
              the Irish, Scots, Bretons (NW France), Cornish (Cornwall), and Manx
              (Isle of Man) and each has their own distinctive language.

              For more than you may have ever wanted to know about the history of
              these tribal cultures go to
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_nations

              For more on Wales http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales

              Both of my paternal grandparents were born in Wales.

              Tom

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, brillooo@... wrote:

              Isn't Cardiff on the north side of London?
            • philipwallington
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                Amazing the things we discuss - you'll be telling us next they still
                ride Triumphs up and down the valleys!!!

                Only joking - lovely place - rains a lot though

                Philip
              • Wm Snyder
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                  How do you think I found Cardiff, Pa.? ; )
                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                    In a message dated 05/09/2008 13:31:42 GMT Standard Time, snydhack@...
                    writes:

                    Only joking - lovely place - rains a lot though

                    Philip

                    Flood warnings again across Wales again Phil

                    So what about meeting up Somewhere. live on Pembrokeshire/Carmathnshire
                    border. What about Pont Abraham Services say? or even J47?

                  • Steven Jennings
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                      Well, never know when a cross country trip will present itself. I have a few friends that want to do a trip but waiting on when & what states we will be hitting.

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                        Well, next time I do a run to Oceanside, I will make sure I get down there. Thanks.