Re: New to board - Cardiff?

  • Bob Micheletti
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
      Not sure how Cardiff got into "welcome to the board" but we have a
      Cardiff in So California also. Nice place.

      http://tinyurl.com/6kdkq9

      Oh yah...welcome to the board...

      Bob
      01 Trophy 900 new to the board and Trophy also.

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Steven Jennings
      <stevenajennings@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the warm welcome. Where is Cardiff? I am in So.
      California.

    • BWG3COY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
        In a message dated 04/09/2008 17:26:15 GMT Standard Time, bobmic@...
        writes:

        Not sure how Cardiff got into "welcome to the board" but we have a
        Cardiff in So California also. Nice place.

        Well I suppose its friendship Bob : )

        Yeah I have a mate in Wisconsin. Apparently the town thre called Wales
        speaks welsh, and flies Welsh flags everywhere

        I suppose another thing about Cardiff is It may get me to meet some other
        Trophy Owners
        JB

      • Wm Snyder
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
          We have a Cardiff in Pennsylvania, too (In Cambria County). It consists of 3 or 4 hunting camps along a dirt road in the mountains at the scene of a former (what else?) mining operation.

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
            In a message dated 04/09/2008 22:52:13 GMT Standard Time, snydhack@...
            writes:

            We have a Cardiff in Pennsylvania, too (In Cambria County). It consists of 3
            or 4 hunting camps along a dirt road in the mountains at the scene of a
            former (what else?) mining operation

            Bit far away from California though
            JB

          • brillooo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
              Isn't Cardiff on the north side of London

              <stevenajennings@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the warm welcome. Where is Cardiff? I am in So.
              California.

            • Tom & Lisa Pritchard
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
                Cardiff is the capital of the country of Wales on England's south/mid
                west coast. Wales is famous for its coal, sheep, men's choirs, Dylan
                Thomas, and Richard Burton (but to name a few of the things they're
                famous for). They are one of the Celtic tribal groups that include
                the Irish, Scots, Bretons (NW France), Cornish (Cornwall), and Manx
                (Isle of Man) and each has their own distinctive language.

                For more than you may have ever wanted to know about the history of
                these tribal cultures go to
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_nations

                For more on Wales http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wales

                Both of my paternal grandparents were born in Wales.

                Tom

                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, brillooo@... wrote:

                Isn't Cardiff on the north side of London?
              • philipwallington
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                  Amazing the things we discuss - you'll be telling us next they still
                  ride Triumphs up and down the valleys!!!

                  Only joking - lovely place - rains a lot though

                  Philip
                • Wm Snyder
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                    How do you think I found Cardiff, Pa.? ; )
                    Bill

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                      In a message dated 05/09/2008 13:31:42 GMT Standard Time, snydhack@...
                      writes:

                      Only joking - lovely place - rains a lot though

                      Philip

                      Flood warnings again across Wales again Phil

                      So what about meeting up Somewhere. live on Pembrokeshire/Carmathnshire
                      border. What about Pont Abraham Services say? or even J47?

                    • Steven Jennings
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                        Well, never know when a cross country trip will present itself. I have a few friends that want to do a trip but waiting on when & what states we will be hitting.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                          Well, next time I do a run to Oceanside, I will make sure I get down there. Thanks.