Re: Death in the family.

  • Craig LEE
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2008
      Further to that, the site should be bikessales.com.au. Cheers, Craig
      from OZ.

    • Mark Molloy
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 4, 2008
        Thanks Craig,
        The person from the insurance co. (NRMA) goes out today to look at
        the remains and presumably make me an offer. I am armed with a list
        of all the extras / modifications that were on the bike, so I hope to
        have him or her offer me a price then I will try and add in the
        extras. Hope this strategy works. I then will look at how much $ I
        have and make a decision on what I buy.
        I did a lot of research before buying the Trophy a year or so ago, so
        much of that research remains current. I must say however that I
        really do like the feel of the new (and recent) Bonneville T100's but
        have done no investigation as yet as to what I would need to spend to
        make one a reasonable tourer. Screen, bags and rack come to mind plus
        all the suspension mods to take my 95kg and some creature comforts
        (spare pair of undies and a toothbrush) with me. If the bags come off
        easily and the rack and screen don't make it all look too clunky then
        it would be both a nice bike around town and a reasonable (possibly
        not ideal) tourer. One thing about the Trophy, it was a pretty
        looking bike on the road and at the kerb. Anyhow I guess I had better
        get the money before I spend it. Will keep you all posted. Any
        suggestions welcomed
        Regards,
        Mark

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Craig LEE" <bendoccounty@...>