Re: From a dealer

  • dave troughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
      SNIP<Have you ever been in a dealership and watched a punter try on 5 or 6
      helmets, ask all sorts of questions about their various merits, and then
      watch the guy walk out, presumably to order online or from a mag to save a
      few bucks? I have.
      And I heard from the dealer what it made him think next time the guy needs a
      favour....>

      That's a good way to be, and I totally agree with the theory. However, I've
      also paid over the odds to be loyal, and still been ignored when I wanted a
      bit of advice. When I was buying a new bike. From them.

      Also, when I was a self employed mechanic(car),I bent over backwards for one
      or two individuals (including meeting them at start of their shift, 6am and
      getting their car back to them for 2 pm after routine servicing at no
      additional charge) and still being shafted when they bought their next car
      from someone else.

      Now I work in computers, same s**t, less effort, more money.I take my hat
      off to anybody who makes a living doing an honest days work in the motor
      trade.

      Which UK dealers are good, bad or indifferent? I'll recommend On Yer
      Triumph,Tring, Herts and Hugenden M40 as a good start for buying first time,
      and Bike Connection or Dave Bliss, Luton, Beds for general repair work. They
      may not look much, but tell 'em I sent ya:-)

      Dave Troughton
      '95 Trophy 3 BRG
      and now..

      Suzuki SP370, Honda CR250, Kawasaki EN500A1, Kawasaki Z400 + 2x Basket case
      CB200 Honda's All Hond's for sale!

    • Ken Hastie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
        On 4 Jun 01 at 10:42, dave troughton wrote:

        > Which UK dealers are good, bad or indifferent?

        I find M&S Motorcycles in Newcastle to have a caring Salesforce, and
        certain elements of the Service department that couldn't give a shit at times.

        Ken the Geordie

        Ken the Geordie e-mail:ken@...
        BSA A75, A65, A10, B40, D7, D14, D1, Trophy 1200