Re: Westco battery ??

  • pepollock@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2001
      Does anyone have experience with the Westco
      gel battery?  I like the idea of a non-spill, no
      maintenance battery and their price is right.
      Can the gel battery be charged long-term
      with a Battery Tender?  Any fitment problems?
      Yuasa seems to be the industry standard
      but only make "wet" batteries for Triumphs.

      Pete,  Trophy 900
    • John G Nee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        My experience with Westco has been very satisfactory. Replaced my '96
        Trophy battery very early this spring after putting the Westco on the
        tender for a week--perfect fit. Actually, the Westco is not a gel
        battery but is indeed a completely sealed battery. The real question is
        how will it do next year and how many after--it sounds like it should
        last with the careful use of the tender.

        > Does anyone have experience with the Westco
        > gel battery? I like the idea of a non-spill, no
        > maintenance battery and their price is right.
        > Can the gel battery be charged long-term
        > with a Battery Tender? Any fitment problems?
        > Yuasa seems to be the industry standard
        > but only make "wet" batteries for Triumphs.
        >
        > Pete, Trophy 900

      • Sachs, Mike
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          >>Does anyone have experience with the Westco gel battery?

          I've had one in service for about 8 months. Fast delivery, fit's right. So
          far no complaints, and no drain tube!

          Mike
        • Pierce/Rogers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
            Pete, been using gel batt's in my sport bikes for years. Best thing since whipped cream in the can. No spilling of acid onto my pipes or other things. John.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
              --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., pepollock@a... wrote:
              > Does anyone have experience with the Westco
              > gel battery? I like the idea of a non-spill, no
              > maintenance battery and their price is right.
              > Can the gel battery be charged long-term
              > with a Battery Tender? Any fitment problems?
              > Yuasa seems to be the industry standard
              > but only make "wet" batteries for Triumphs.
              >
              > Pete, Trophy 900

              I just put a Westco in my '95 Trophy 3 a few weeks ago.
              No problems, haven't used the Tender yet though. Another
              lister turned me onto 'em, said he kinda notices better
              cranking, and I gotta agree that I do too.

              I do not think that Westco's are gel batteries, they are sealed
              batteries. I'm happy about not having to worry about baking
              it dry anymore!

              Woovis
              bil@...
              '95 Trophy 3