Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Buying a Trophy

  • John Lindstrom
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 31, 2007
      Jim....just checked my e-mail and found your thread about buying a Trophy. I´m three and a half weeks into riding my 2000 BBBB around Mexico. So far I´ve logged 3300 miles and every morning I look forward to jumping on that beautiful BRG bike. The combo of power, wind protection, and comfort make it such a pleasure. Down here it gets LOTS of attention as most of the bikes here are no larger than 200cc.
      Got invited to a New Years party tonight because of´'her' by a previous Triumph owner so there was an unexpected side benefit. The sad thing is only one more week and time to heaad back to Milwaukee....arg!
      Good luck in your search-John

      Nope, not too worried about the mileage thing I was just curious
      because of the recent posts.

      I really appreciate all the feedback.

      I test-drove the Trophy today and I really enjoyed the bike. After the
      ride I found one of the front struts leaking and an engine oil leak.
      I'm pretty sure that more problems will arise just as most of the
      replies here have indicated and the price just isn't in line. I will,
      however, keep looking around for a solid deal.

      Jim

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

    • Tom
      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 4, 2008
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, BWG3COY@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 1/4/2008 6:40:55 PM GMT Standard Time,
        > motoworld2001@... writes:
        >
        > John,
        > I've had a pair of light mounted there for 6 years now and have
        > never had them contact any surfaces, even when riding off road...
        > Front suspension is set as per factory spec!!!
        >
        > Tom D.

        > I may try that Tom
        >
        > John Bonnewell
        > COMBROGI
        > Flag as it should be

        John,
        I have posted several more pictures that show some of the
        details of the installation. Please let me know if you would like
        some additional information.

        Regards,
        Tom D.