Re: Triumph factory visit yesterday

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 52 , Sep 30, 2007

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, BWG3COY@... wrote:

      >> I am quite happy with my Trophy thanks. If Triumph brought out
      another one .
      > I would by it. That would make my third Trophy then.
      >
      > John Bonnewell.
      > [Charter member] _Blue Knights Wales 1_ (http://www.bkwales1.co.uk/)
      Reidio
      > y Balchder

      Here, here,
      I think most all of would agree!
      ;o)

      Tom D.
    • Bud Izen
      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 8, 2007
        Okay now, John, be careful when you start wondering where the Yamaha RD series went! I LOVED my RD350 and sold it for what I paid for it a bunch of years after I bought it. Emission standards in the US and a change in the Learners license in the UK basically killed those bikes. If you can find one in great condition (three times at least its original selling price), you'll see how badly I feel to have ever sold mine. It was as fast as a Kawasaki Z1 (900cc) up to around 75mph, and believe me, that was FAST!

        The reputation for the CX-500, at least where I lived in California, was just AWFUL. A buddy of mine up here in Oregon had one for a while, and it reminded me of each and every problem one back in California. Reliable? I don't think so.

        I think we can all agree on one thing though. We'll all be in HUGE trouble if we are ever forced to replace our Trophys!!!

        Bud Izen
        '99 Platinum 900
        Turner Oregon