Re: Trophy 900 WANTED

  • bmillard7291
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
      Quote: 'Another motorcycle rider I will have to sneer at when I pass
      them by.
      Ed'

      Why sneer? I always wave no matter what bike they are riding.
      Cheers,
      Bob
    • jason spencer
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
        Hello Dominic,

        I have the bike for you, She is a 96 trophy 900 in pacific blue and she is loaded with options. This bike has 20kmi. on it and runs like a top. Options are as follows. fork spring upgrade, genmar risers, corbin canyon seat w/ bachrest, tall and stock windshield,D&D cans and stock cans, throttle rockers L&R, gel grips, heated grips, driving lights, 12v acc. plug, new quad x-ring chain, fresh oil and filter, matching triumph hardbags. The price is $3850.00 I am in Salem, Va. 24153 my number is 540-389-5017 I am sending you some pics. I am selling because I am not going to ride for a couple of years and I am getting a jeep instead of a bike for a while. This bike is a wonderful sport tour bike I love it and hate to sell it but I just don't have room for four cars and the bike so one car and the bike have to go. Ad far as over engineered, this bike is the easiest, most user friendly bike I have owned.
        PS. have all books and shop manual that go with bike as well, I do my own service.

        Dominic Walshe <dominicwalshe@...> wrote:
        Hi all, have been searching all summer for a Trophy 900, wrong time of
        the year I guess, but now we are coming to the end of August I
        wondered if any members were thinking of selling. Ideally it would be
        a '92 model as I've heard the pre '93 models were over-engineered.
        Mileage below 25,000 miles, not too fussy on colour but in generally
        good to very good condition. Can anyone help?
        Really enjoy the emails, extremely useful site and info...even more so
        when I actually get my bike!
        Thanks Dominic

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 2, 2007
          Hi Jason, thanks for your reply, I probably should have mentioned that I'm in the UK. Thanks again! Dom

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
            Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
            Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
            possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
            ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
            condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
            dominicwalshe@....
            Many thanks, Dom
          • Greg Andrews
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
              Hi Dom, Good to see you're interested in the right kind of bike. The
              older models are little more sportier, less wind protection, and a bit
              faster at the top end. Why so picky on the mileage? I'd rather have a
              well cared for bike, than one that's been sitting around for months and
              ignored. Things such as seals dry out because of lack of use. My '96
              900 BRG with 65,000 miles runs as good as new. And my '95 900
              Nightshade with 222,000 miles can still out preform the green bike.
              Greg Andrews

              I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or interested in the later
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
                Thanks for the reply, yeh I guess I was assuming lower mileage meant
                the engine would have more life in it, but I get what your saying!
                Thanks again, Dom

                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Andrews"
                <gandrews2@...> wrote:

                > Hi Dom, Good to see you're interested in the right kind of bike.
                The
                > older models are little more sportier, less wind protection, and a
                bit
                > faster at the top end. Why so picky on the mileage? I'd rather
                have a
                > well cared for bike, than one that's been sitting around for
                months and
                > ignored. Things such as seals dry out because of lack of use.
                My '96
                > 900 BRG with 65,000 miles runs as good as new. And my '95 900
                > Nightshade with 222,000 miles can still out preform the green bike.
                > Greg Andrews
                >
                > "Dominic Walshe" wrote:
                > I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or interested in the
                later
                > 96 and onwards models. ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not
                much
                > more, and in good condition.
                > Many thanks, Dom

              • daytonatriumph
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Dominic Walshe"
                  <dominicwalshe@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
                  > Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
                  > possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
                  > ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
                  > condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
                  > dominicwalshe@...
                  > Many thanks, Dom

                  hi Dom
                  saw your post for a 900
                  i happened to work in a bike shop [honda:-(] and we have a 1200 trophy
                  up for sale if your interested.
                  its an 02 model
                  12900 miles
                  data-tagged and service history
                  green paint job and v. tidy
                  pricw was 3899 but have been told we can let it go for 3499

                  i know its not a 900 trip. but still a good bike
                  let me know if your interested and i can put you in touch with our
                  sales guys
                  ride safe jd
                • Dominic Walshe
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                    Thanks for your reply, I am specifically wanting a 900 and my budget
                    is more limited but thanks again, cheers dom

                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "daytonatriumph"

                  • peteforest@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                      daytonatriumph@... writes:

                      --- In _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
                      , "Dominic Walshe"
                      <dominicwalshe@dom> wrote:

                      > Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
                      > Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
                      > possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
                      > ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
                      > condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
                      > dominicwalshe@
                      > Many thanks, Dom

                      hi Dom
                      saw your post for a 900
                      i happened to work in a bike shop [honda:-(] and we have a 1200 trophy
                      up for sale if your interested.
                      its an 02 model
                      12900 miles
                      data-tagged and service history
                      green paint job and v. tidy
                      pricw was 3899 but have been told we can let it go for 3499

                      i know its not a 900 trip. but still a good bike
                      let me know if your interested and i can put you in touch with our
                      sales guys
                      ride safe jd

                      Hi
                      The last time I was at Eddies Leeds, they had a 1999 Trophy with 11000 on
                      the clock for £1699
                      It was in platinum and as they are leaving Triumph, they were having a sale.
                      I do not know if its still there, you would have to give them a ring if you
                      are interested.

                      pete

                    • Dominic Walshe
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                        Thanks pete i will definately call them, sounds good! Thanks for