Re: Trophy 900 WANTED

  • Ed Walden
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 31 3:46 PM
      Another motorcycle rider I will have to sneer at when I pass them by.
      Ed

      > Hi Dominic,
      > Good to see your a man with taste! The 900 is much more fun than
      those
      > big lumps, the 1200's ;-)
      > Cheers,
      > Bob

    • bmillard7291
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
        Quote: 'Another motorcycle rider I will have to sneer at when I pass
        them by.
        Ed'

        Why sneer? I always wave no matter what bike they are riding.
        Cheers,
        Bob
      • jason spencer
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 1, 2007
          Hello Dominic,

          I have the bike for you, She is a 96 trophy 900 in pacific blue and she is loaded with options. This bike has 20kmi. on it and runs like a top. Options are as follows. fork spring upgrade, genmar risers, corbin canyon seat w/ bachrest, tall and stock windshield,D&D cans and stock cans, throttle rockers L&R, gel grips, heated grips, driving lights, 12v acc. plug, new quad x-ring chain, fresh oil and filter, matching triumph hardbags. The price is $3850.00 I am in Salem, Va. 24153 my number is 540-389-5017 I am sending you some pics. I am selling because I am not going to ride for a couple of years and I am getting a jeep instead of a bike for a while. This bike is a wonderful sport tour bike I love it and hate to sell it but I just don't have room for four cars and the bike so one car and the bike have to go. Ad far as over engineered, this bike is the easiest, most user friendly bike I have owned.
          PS. have all books and shop manual that go with bike as well, I do my own service.

          Dominic Walshe <dominicwalshe@...> wrote:
          Hi all, have been searching all summer for a Trophy 900, wrong time of
          the year I guess, but now we are coming to the end of August I
          wondered if any members were thinking of selling. Ideally it would be
          a '92 model as I've heard the pre '93 models were over-engineered.
          Mileage below 25,000 miles, not too fussy on colour but in generally
          good to very good condition. Can anyone help?
          Really enjoy the emails, extremely useful site and info...even more so
          when I actually get my bike!
          Thanks Dominic

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 2, 2007
            Hi Jason, thanks for your reply, I probably should have mentioned that I'm in the UK. Thanks again! Dom

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
              Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
              Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
              possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
              ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
              condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
              dominicwalshe@....
              Many thanks, Dom
            • Greg Andrews
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
                Hi Dom, Good to see you're interested in the right kind of bike. The
                older models are little more sportier, less wind protection, and a bit
                faster at the top end. Why so picky on the mileage? I'd rather have a
                well cared for bike, than one that's been sitting around for months and
                ignored. Things such as seals dry out because of lack of use. My '96
                900 BRG with 65,000 miles runs as good as new. And my '95 900
                Nightshade with 222,000 miles can still out preform the green bike.
                Greg Andrews

                I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or interested in the later
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 19, 2007
                  Thanks for the reply, yeh I guess I was assuming lower mileage meant
                  the engine would have more life in it, but I get what your saying!
                  Thanks again, Dom

                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Andrews"
                  <gandrews2@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Dom, Good to see you're interested in the right kind of bike.
                  The
                  > older models are little more sportier, less wind protection, and a
                  bit
                  > faster at the top end. Why so picky on the mileage? I'd rather
                  have a
                  > well cared for bike, than one that's been sitting around for
                  months and
                  > ignored. Things such as seals dry out because of lack of use.
                  My '96
                  > 900 BRG with 65,000 miles runs as good as new. And my '95 900
                  > Nightshade with 222,000 miles can still out preform the green bike.
                  > Greg Andrews
                  >
                  > "Dominic Walshe" wrote:
                  > I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or interested in the
                  later
                  > 96 and onwards models. ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not
                  much
                  > more, and in good condition.
                  > Many thanks, Dom

                • daytonatriumph
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Dominic Walshe"
                    <dominicwalshe@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
                    > Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
                    > possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
                    > ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
                    > condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
                    > dominicwalshe@...
                    > Many thanks, Dom

                    hi Dom
                    saw your post for a 900
                    i happened to work in a bike shop [honda:-(] and we have a 1200 trophy
                    up for sale if your interested.
                    its an 02 model
                    12900 miles
                    data-tagged and service history
                    green paint job and v. tidy
                    pricw was 3899 but have been told we can let it go for 3499

                    i know its not a 900 trip. but still a good bike
                    let me know if your interested and i can put you in touch with our
                    sales guys
                    ride safe jd
                  • Dominic Walshe
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                      Thanks for your reply, I am specifically wanting a 900 and my budget
                      is more limited but thanks again, cheers dom

                      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "daytonatriumph"

                    • peteforest@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                        daytonatriumph@... writes:

                        --- In _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
                        , "Dominic Walshe"
                        <dominicwalshe@dom> wrote:

                        > Hi all, thought I would try again and see if any body is selling a
                        > Trophy 900 in the UK, I'm looking for either an early 92/93 model or
                        > possibly getting quite interested in the later 96 and onwards models.
                        > ideally lowish mileage around 20,000 not much more, and in good
                        > condition. Cash waiting so if anybody has one please email me.
                        > dominicwalshe@
                        > Many thanks, Dom

                        hi Dom
                        saw your post for a 900
                        i happened to work in a bike shop [honda:-(] and we have a 1200 trophy
                        up for sale if your interested.
                        its an 02 model
                        12900 miles
                        data-tagged and service history
                        green paint job and v. tidy
                        pricw was 3899 but have been told we can let it go for 3499

                        i know its not a 900 trip. but still a good bike
                        let me know if your interested and i can put you in touch with our
                        sales guys
                        ride safe jd

                        Hi
                        The last time I was at Eddies Leeds, they had a 1999 Trophy with 11000 on
                        the clock for £1699
                        It was in platinum and as they are leaving Triumph, they were having a sale.
                        I do not know if its still there, you would have to give them a ring if you
                        are interested.

                        pete

                      • Dominic Walshe
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 20, 2007
                          Thanks pete i will definately call them, sounds good! Thanks for