Re: Ghost in the machine ? Another electrical problem last night....

  • Guy Dallaire
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Walden" <waleao@...> wrote:

      > Ok please tell me that you did not pay $5800 canadian for that MC?

      A friend of mine paid 8000 2 years ago for a 99 trophy 900 here. He's
      very satisfied with the bike.

      The bike was worth 5800, but I must admit that I traded my '93 FZR
      1000 for 1600$, with tax returns and all the administrative BS, it
      actually cost me 4700$ for the bike.

      The bike is really clean, and I tought it was not so bad a deal. Used
      bike are pretty costly here.

      I was looking for an FZ1 but could not find anything interesting in my
      price range.

      FYI: In 2009, it will cost about 1500$ per YEAR to have a licence
      plate on a sports bike here in Quebec ! Let me tell you that's its'
      pretty hard to sell a sport motorcycle these days.... And this is
      without the insurances. We have a no fault system here. So any drunken
      hillbilly can use it's car, run over and old lady, end up in a
      telephone pole, get quadraplegic and be taken car by the government
      until he's dead... Sometimes I wish I would live elsewhere. But they
      got spider 6 inches wide, and GWB ;-)
    • jim schisler
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
        Disable your clock and all your problems will disappear. ;^)
        Its worked for me. Haven't had any bike problems for years now... -jims
        -----
        Guy Dallaire wrote:

        > After the fan that was not running, the clock that works only when it
        > wants to, I have yet another problem on the bike....
        >
        > Yesterday night, I was riding when I noticed that my right turn signal
        > indicator was flashing really fast. I guessed that indicates a burnt
        > lamp.
        >
        > I waited to get home to look at that, and while returning home, the
        > flasher stared behaving normally... and the flasheres were blinking
        > just fine.
        >
        > This morning, it started flashing madly again and the right erear
        > flasher is not coming back.
        >
        > I'm getting tired of those electrical problem and I'm wondering if I
        > have bought a "lemon"...

      • Ed Walden
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2007
          Man then move elsewhere in Canada. You do not have to live down here
          where we ride our motorcycles year round and full coverage cost $300 a
          year and license cost $40 a year. Heck no find somewhere in Canada
          where they do not rob you for saving the country gas taxes and taking
          up less room on the highway. Why o why would they charge $1500 for a
          sport bike and why would your allow it?

          Ed

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2007
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Walden" <waleao@...> wrote:

            > Man then move elsewhere in Canada. You do not have to live down
            here
            > where we ride our motorcycles year round and full coverage cost
            $300 a
            > year and license cost $40 a year. Heck no find somewhere in
            Canada
            > where they do not rob you for saving the country gas taxes and
            taking
            > up less room on the highway. Why o why would they charge $1500
            for a
            > sport bike and why would your allow it?

            Well, it's not easy to move, at least not for me. I should have done
            it when I was younger. We have a no-fault system here, that's why it
            costs so much. But their point with sports bike is ridiculous, they
            put everyone in the same basket and assume that we are all riding
            over 250 km/h... Motorcyclist here are pretty angry and try to put
            pressure on the government so that they put something more
            intelligent, but you know how it is: intelligence is pretty scarce
            in the government !