datatool removal

  • martyn_uz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      Just bought a Trophy 1200, 1999 - Great bike, shame about the Datatool
      System3 alarm/immobilizer! - I've had bad experiences with 'em before
      and want to take it off, or at least be able to if it goes wrong. The
      one I've got plugs straight in to the bike loom up near the headlamp,
      with a separate lead to a sensor under the seat, and a second pair to
      the LED in the clock. Obviously, when it's unplugged the bike wont
      start. I need either some form of blanking plug to put in, or I need to
      know which connections to make. I've tried everything that my Haines
      manual circuit diagram allows me to, but on the starting circuit my
      wiring seems to be different from the manual. So, is there a blanking
      plug, or has anyone done this job before? or does someone have a better
      circuit diagram than mine that I can work from ?

      cheers!
      Mart
    • Alec Gore
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        You really shouldn't have bought it off a guy in a pub car park,
        you know ;0)

        Seriously, there is a blanking plugging that most people chuck
        away when they fit the alarm, but it must have a part no. or a
        dealer must have some lying around.

        Regards

        Alec