RE: [TriumphTrophy] Rear Indicators

  • Robert Clark
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      Gents, sitting her berore you on the tank so she can kick the rear
      indicators might just be one of the problems causing the jewels to get
      crushed.
      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=290450/grpspId=1705126259/ms
      gId=58725/stime=1183381964/nc1=4430620/nc2=3848618/nc3=4706132> Some
      jobs are best done off the bike! The Pillion seat is in the REAR
      section of the saddle.

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      96 Magna Red Honda PC-800
      71 Suzuli T-500
      Augusta, GA

    • James Lyne
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        > Gents, sitting her berore you on the tank so she can kick the rear
        > indicators might just be one of the problems causing the jewels to get
        > crushed.
        > Some jobs are best done off the bike! The Pillion seat is in the REAR
        > section of the saddle.

        Well I guess I walked right into that one!!

        I would like to clarify that it was while she was getting on and off of
        the bike that the indicators bit the dust.

        Although you have given me a few ideas which I missed in the FAQ!

        James
      • alex_dz
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bell <andrewbell@...>
          <<SNIP>>

          > Uh, she's supposed to sit on the seat BEHIND you, see what happens when
          > you lay them over the tank.
          >
          > Andrew

          True, so properly done, they can be more useful when laying over the tank!

          Alex
        • taylorrguk
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "James Lyne" <jameslyne@...> wrote:

            > Hi there,
            >
            > Don't suppose anyone in the UK has a set of rear indicators for a 02
            > 1200 lying around.

            Rare as rocking-horse droppings 2nd hand, £30+ each from a dealer!

            > Failing that can anyone recommend a decent alternative?
            Search the group files or photos area for pics of my aftermarket
            surface-mounts, about £10 the PAIR.

            > Furthermore has anyone got one of those extra big screens just lying
            > around needing a good home. As I am 6ft 5in tall the standard one is
            > just not doing it for me!

            Try a Clearview 'XL', from <url:http://www.bikescreens.co.uk>

            And I don't have the £180 to risk on a new
            > one if it isn't going to do the job...
            I think I've got a surplus Clearview 'L' in my garage, but at 1"
            taller than me you'll definitely need 'XL'

            > Sprint
            > Manufacturing. What an extremely helpful bunch! S
            Yup, they're good!

            Richard T.
          • brillooo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007

              Try a Clearview 'XL', from <url:_http://www.bikescrehttp://ww_
              (http://www.bikescreens.co.uk/) >

              And I don't have the £180 to risk on a new
              > one if it isn't going to do the job...
              I think I've got a surplus Clearview 'L' in my garage, but at 1"
              taller than me you'll definitely need 'XL'

              For whatever it's worth I bought a new clearview 3" over standard and can't
              tell much difference between it and the stock. I had clearview put two
              cateyes in it and the only thing that does is let in rain.

            • James Lyne
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 8, 2007

                > For whatever it's worth I bought a new clearview 3" over standard and
                can't
                > tell much difference between it and the stock. I had clearview put
                two
                > cateyes in it and the only thing that does is let in rain.

                That is what I was worried about. A lot of moolah to lay out and find
                that I am still getting a face full of wind.

                Seems that there is no way around the problem for us tallies.

                Although I did read somewhere that someone suggested putting a strip of
                clear perspex on the screen to create a sort of jet effect which would
                effectively raise the height of the screen and stop much of the
                problem. Seen these on many other tourers. Anyone have any experience
                of doing this? And can you get kits or did you just have a go and see?

                James
              • brillooo@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 8, 2007
                  In a message dated 7/8/2007 7:39:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  jameslyne@... writes:

                  > For whatever it's worth I bought a new clearview 3" over standard and
                  can't
                  > tell much difference between it and the stock. I had clearview put
                  two
                  > cateyes in it and the only thing that does is let in rain.

                  That is what I was worried about. A lot of moolah to lay out and find
                  that I am still getting a face full of wind.

                  Seems that there is no way around the problem for us tallies.

                  Yes, there is a solution. I bought a Z1R flip up helmet, their Eclispe,
                  and that solved the problem of buffeting. As it turns out with the chin guard
                  flipped up the wind is deflected such that there is no buffeting and the wind
                  noise is greatly reduced.. Just a fluke but it works. I guess the chin
                  guard in the up position works as a spoiler.

                • J.R. Boylan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 8, 2007
                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "James Lyne" <jameslyne@...> wrote

                    > That is what I was worried about. A lot of moolah to lay out and find
                    > that I am still getting a face full of wind.
                    >
                    > Seems that there is no way around the problem for us tallies.

                    At 6' 4", I experienced the same difficulty - my head sat in the turbulant air coming off the
                    stock windscreen. Noise wasn't so much the problem as was my head feeling like it was in a
                    cocktail shaker. Rather than trying to go taller with the windscreen and ending up with a barn
                    door on front of the bike (and the potential handling problems sometimes associated with
                    such a tall windscreen), I went lower. I currently run a Clearview sport screen in dark smoke.
                    The shorter screen directs the wind onto my chest and my head is in the cleaner air above -
                    buffeting problem solved! I think it looks sharp, too! You can take a look in my photo album,
                    Greyrider's Trophy.
                  • jim schisler
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 8, 2007
                      I'm 6'2" and solved mine the same way. I went shorter and no more
                      buffeting and the wind doesn't bother me at all. The bike does look
                      better with a shorter screen. And you can tuck in if the wind is really
                      whipping. -jims
                      -----
                      J.R. Boylan wrote:
                      At 6' 4", I experienced the same difficulty - my head sat in the
                      turbulant air coming off the stock windscreen. Noise wasn't so much the
                      problem as was my head feeling like it was in a cocktail shaker. Rather
                      than trying to go taller with the windscreen and ending up with a barn
                      door on front of the bike (and the potential handling problems sometimes
                      associated with such a tall windscreen), I went lower. I currently run a
                      Clearview sport screen in dark smoke. The shorter screen directs the
                      wind onto my chest and my head is in the cleaner air above - buffeting
                      problem solved! I think it looks sharp, too! You can take a look in my
                      photo album,
                    • Mike Humphreys
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                        Jim

                        Couldnt see your photo album, am I blind or what??

                        I get buffeting too and will be getting a new windscreen soon. When
                        it gets hot here in Floriduh, ( mar thru Nov), the air doesnt have
                        make you move around.

                        Mike 6' 1"

                        > I'm 6'2" and solved mine the same way. I went shorter and no more
                        > buffeting and the wind doesn't bother me at all. The bike does
                        look
                        > better with a shorter screen. And you can tuck in if the wind is
                        really
                        > whipping. -jims
                        > -----
                        > J.R. Boylan wrote:
                        > At 6' 4", I experienced the same difficulty - my head sat in the
                        > turbulant air coming off the stock windscreen. Noise wasn't so much
                        the
                        > problem as was my head feeling like it was in a cocktail shaker.
                        Rather
                        > than trying to go taller with the windscreen and ending up with a
                        barn
                        > door on front of the bike (and the potential handling problems
                        sometimes
                        > associated with such a tall windscreen), I went lower. I currently
                        run a
                        > Clearview sport screen in dark smoke. The shorter screen directs
                        the
                        > wind onto my chest and my head is in the cleaner air above -
                        buffeting
                        > problem solved! I think it looks sharp, too! You can take a look in
                        my
                        > photo album,

                      • J.R. Boylan
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 9, 2007
                          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Humphreys" <mikexitrealty@...> wrote:

                          > Jim
                          >
                          > Couldnt see your photo album, am I blind or what??

                          You'll find a few pictures here:
                          It is in the Photos section and is labeled "Greyrider's Trophy"
                          Cheers.
                          Jim
                        • jim schisler
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 10, 2007
                            Mike I dont' think I've ever posted any photos on the site. I'll see if
                            I can get some up there. Its been so long since I've actually logged on
                            I probably can't any more... :-[ jims
                            ----