Re: WANTED-BRG TROPHY 1200 (Wichita KANSAS-USA)

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "solihull4x4" <w-bruce@...> wrote:

      > I have been looking (longer than I want to admit) for a good deal on
      > Trophy 1200. I dont' know why, but I am partial to a BRG
      > one, preferably a 1998-2000.
      >Thanks!

      It is quite obvious to any one... BRG is the best looking and the very
      fastest color of all!!!

      Tom D.
      1999 BRG
      BBBB
    • brillooo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
        In a message dated 1/2/2007 5:41:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        motoworld2001@... writes:

        --- In _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
        , "solihull4x4" <w-bruce@...> wrote:

        > I have been looking (longer than I want to admit) for a good deal on
        > Trophy 1200. I dont' know why, but I am partial to a BRG
        > one, preferably a 1998-2000.
        >Thanks!

        It is quite obvious to any one... BRG is the best looking and the very
        fastest color of all!!!

        What ? You must be color blind.........the fastest color is red they made
        in 2003 !!!!

      • solihull4x4
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 13, 2007
          I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged looking for a nice
          British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been actively looking for
          almost a year now, in all the regular internet sites! I live in the
          southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and willing to travel to
          find the right one. I don't know why, but I am hellbent on BRG 1200 one
          (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of ANY reasonably
          priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail or phone. Thanks-
          Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...
        • barry schmidt

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 14, 2007
              Hi Bruce,
              Welcome to our site. I can easily see why you'd like
              a BRG 1200. It simply epitomizes Brittish life. There
              is never any mistaking it for other marquis. I own a
              1995 1200/4 Trophy. I bought it new, and because of
              the color, I had to wait several weeks for it to
              arrive. It's 12 yrs old now, and it still commands
              envious looks at the various road-houses I frquent.
              I'd personally suggest you not limit yourself to a '98
              vintage. The '95 was the first new import , and I have
              seen several up for sale at reasonable prices. The new
              fairing appears to give better bad weather protection,
              but I think it's marginal at best, The '95 engine is
              simply bullet prof as it was built by "Coswerth
              Racing, and tuned by Lotus.
              I had a set of GIVI bags, and top case fitted to
              mine, and have taken it on a good number of very long
              trips, vith the only problem being that theleft
              footpeg, and shifter pedal comming loose. Well worth
              removing the assembly, cleaning up with a good
              degreaser, and alcohol. Then adding a good bit of
              "Lock-Tite to the threads. No problems since. A "95,
              or a '98. Either choice will leave you with one of the
              permenent grin, that every one will wonder about.
              Happy hunting Friend, and please get your mech to give
              it the once over!
              Kindest regards,
              Poppa Jack BBBB So.Cal,USA
              --- solihull4x4 <w-bruce@...> wrote:

              > I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged
              > looking for a nice
              > British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been
              > actively looking for
              > almost a year now, in all the regular internet
              > sites! I live in the
              > southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and
              > willing to travel to
              > find the right one. I don't know why, but I am
              > hellbent on BRG 1200 one
              > (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of
              > ANY reasonably
              > priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail
              > or phone. Thanks-
              > Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...

            • solihull4x4
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 14, 2007
                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Jack Byers <jackbyers@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Bruce,
                > Welcome to our site. I can easily see why you'd like
                > a BRG 1200. It simply epitomizes Brittish life. There
                > is never any mistaking it for other marquis. I own a
                > 1995 1200/4 Trophy. I bought it new, and because of
                > the color, I had to wait several weeks for it to
                > arrive. It's 12 yrs old now, and it still commands
                > envious looks at the various road-houses I frquent.
                > I'd personally suggest you not limit yourself to a '98
                > vintage. The '95 was the first new import , and I have
                > seen several up for sale at reasonable prices. The new
                > fairing appears to give better bad weather protection,
                > but I think it's marginal at best, The '95 engine is
                > simply bullet prof as it was built by "Coswerth
                > Racing, and tuned by Lotus.
                > I had a set of GIVI bags, and top case fitted to
                > mine, and have taken it on a good number of very long
                > trips, vith the only problem being that theleft
                > footpeg, and shifter pedal comming loose. Well worth
                > removing the assembly, cleaning up with a good
                > degreaser, and alcohol. Then adding a good bit of
                > "Lock-Tite to the threads. No problems since. A "95,
                > or a '98. Either choice will leave you with one of the
                > permenent grin, that every one will wonder about.
                > Happy hunting Friend, and please get your mech to give
                > it the once over!
                > Kindest regards,
                > Poppa Jack BBBB So.Cal,USA
                > --- solihull4x4 <w-bruce@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged
                > > looking for a nice
                > > British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been
                > > actively looking for
                > > almost a year now, in all the regular internet
                > > sites! I live in the
                > > southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and
                > > willing to travel to
                > > find the right one. I don't know why, but I am
                > > hellbent on BRG 1200 one
                > > (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of
                > > ANY reasonably
                > > priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail
                > > or phone. Thanks-
                > > Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...

                Jack-Thanks for the information and support! Ironically I had
                another reply from a 95 BRG 1200 owner. He was in Northern CA and
                said his bike was having some motor (smoking) problems? It is
                currently for sale and I am waiting on photos. At this point I am
                somewhat reluctant to bring back a non runner with motor problems, so
                far (1500 miles) from home! Best Regards-Bill
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
                  Hello once again,
                  All to often new bike owners are anxious to get
                  past the "run in miles, and switch to the full
                  synthetic Mobile 1T, When this is done, the super
                  slick oil sometimes doesn't allow the rings to seat
                  properly. You might want to try a blended oil for
                  3k-4k miles. There's a good chance it'll clear up.
                  regards,
                  PoppaJack