WANTED-BRG TROPHY 1200 (Wichita KANSAS-USA)

  • solihull4x4
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
      I have been looking (longer than I want to admit) for a good deal on a
      Trophy 1200. I have missed a couple on ebay and in this forum and now
      I can't seem to find any. I dont' know why, but I am partial to a BRG
      one, preferably a 1998-2000. I live in Wichita (Southeastern) KANSAS
      and am ready to travel, but this time of year I would like to stay in
      the midwest if possible. Please contact me by email or phone (316) 684-
      3381. Thanks!
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "solihull4x4" <w-bruce@...> wrote:

        > I have been looking (longer than I want to admit) for a good deal on
        > Trophy 1200. I dont' know why, but I am partial to a BRG
        > one, preferably a 1998-2000.
        >Thanks!

        It is quite obvious to any one... BRG is the best looking and the very
        fastest color of all!!!

        Tom D.
        1999 BRG
        BBBB
      • brillooo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2007
          In a message dated 1/2/2007 5:41:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          motoworld2001@... writes:

          --- In _TriumphTrophy@TriumphTrophTri_ (mailto:TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com)
          , "solihull4x4" <w-bruce@...> wrote:

          > I have been looking (longer than I want to admit) for a good deal on
          > Trophy 1200. I dont' know why, but I am partial to a BRG
          > one, preferably a 1998-2000.
          >Thanks!

          It is quite obvious to any one... BRG is the best looking and the very
          fastest color of all!!!

          What ? You must be color blind.........the fastest color is red they made
          in 2003 !!!!

        • solihull4x4
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 13, 2007
            I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged looking for a nice
            British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been actively looking for
            almost a year now, in all the regular internet sites! I live in the
            southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and willing to travel to
            find the right one. I don't know why, but I am hellbent on BRG 1200 one
            (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of ANY reasonably
            priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail or phone. Thanks-
            Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...
          • barry schmidt

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 14, 2007
                Hi Bruce,
                Welcome to our site. I can easily see why you'd like
                a BRG 1200. It simply epitomizes Brittish life. There
                is never any mistaking it for other marquis. I own a
                1995 1200/4 Trophy. I bought it new, and because of
                the color, I had to wait several weeks for it to
                arrive. It's 12 yrs old now, and it still commands
                envious looks at the various road-houses I frquent.
                I'd personally suggest you not limit yourself to a '98
                vintage. The '95 was the first new import , and I have
                seen several up for sale at reasonable prices. The new
                fairing appears to give better bad weather protection,
                but I think it's marginal at best, The '95 engine is
                simply bullet prof as it was built by "Coswerth
                Racing, and tuned by Lotus.
                I had a set of GIVI bags, and top case fitted to
                mine, and have taken it on a good number of very long
                trips, vith the only problem being that theleft
                footpeg, and shifter pedal comming loose. Well worth
                removing the assembly, cleaning up with a good
                degreaser, and alcohol. Then adding a good bit of
                "Lock-Tite to the threads. No problems since. A "95,
                or a '98. Either choice will leave you with one of the
                permenent grin, that every one will wonder about.
                Happy hunting Friend, and please get your mech to give
                it the once over!
                Kindest regards,
                Poppa Jack BBBB So.Cal,USA
                --- solihull4x4 <w-bruce@...> wrote:

                > I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged
                > looking for a nice
                > British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been
                > actively looking for
                > almost a year now, in all the regular internet
                > sites! I live in the
                > southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and
                > willing to travel to
                > find the right one. I don't know why, but I am
                > hellbent on BRG 1200 one
                > (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of
                > ANY reasonably
                > priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail
                > or phone. Thanks-
                > Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...

              • solihull4x4
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 14, 2007
                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Jack Byers <jackbyers@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi Bruce,
                  > Welcome to our site. I can easily see why you'd like
                  > a BRG 1200. It simply epitomizes Brittish life. There
                  > is never any mistaking it for other marquis. I own a
                  > 1995 1200/4 Trophy. I bought it new, and because of
                  > the color, I had to wait several weeks for it to
                  > arrive. It's 12 yrs old now, and it still commands
                  > envious looks at the various road-houses I frquent.
                  > I'd personally suggest you not limit yourself to a '98
                  > vintage. The '95 was the first new import , and I have
                  > seen several up for sale at reasonable prices. The new
                  > fairing appears to give better bad weather protection,
                  > but I think it's marginal at best, The '95 engine is
                  > simply bullet prof as it was built by "Coswerth
                  > Racing, and tuned by Lotus.
                  > I had a set of GIVI bags, and top case fitted to
                  > mine, and have taken it on a good number of very long
                  > trips, vith the only problem being that theleft
                  > footpeg, and shifter pedal comming loose. Well worth
                  > removing the assembly, cleaning up with a good
                  > degreaser, and alcohol. Then adding a good bit of
                  > "Lock-Tite to the threads. No problems since. A "95,
                  > or a '98. Either choice will leave you with one of the
                  > permenent grin, that every one will wonder about.
                  > Happy hunting Friend, and please get your mech to give
                  > it the once over!
                  > Kindest regards,
                  > Poppa Jack BBBB So.Cal,USA
                  > --- solihull4x4 <w-bruce@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I am getting rather frustrated and discouraged
                  > > looking for a nice
                  > > British Racing Green Trophy 1200. I have been
                  > > actively looking for
                  > > almost a year now, in all the regular internet
                  > > sites! I live in the
                  > > southcentral part of Kansas, so I am ready and
                  > > willing to travel to
                  > > find the right one. I don't know why, but I am
                  > > hellbent on BRG 1200 one
                  > > (preferably a 1998-2000 model). If anyone knows of
                  > > ANY reasonably
                  > > priced Trophies please contact me by either e-mail
                  > > or phone. Thanks-
                  > > Bill (316) 210-6365 or w-bruce@...

                  Jack-Thanks for the information and support! Ironically I had
                  another reply from a 95 BRG 1200 owner. He was in Northern CA and
                  said his bike was having some motor (smoking) problems? It is
                  currently for sale and I am waiting on photos. At this point I am
                  somewhat reluctant to bring back a non runner with motor problems, so
                  far (1500 miles) from home! Best Regards-Bill
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 15, 2007
                    Hello once again,
                    All to often new bike owners are anxious to get
                    past the "run in miles, and switch to the full
                    synthetic Mobile 1T, When this is done, the super
                    slick oil sometimes doesn't allow the rings to seat
                    properly. You might want to try a blended oil for
                    3k-4k miles. There's a good chance it'll clear up.
                    regards,
                    PoppaJack