Re: [TriumphTrophy] HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • mark roy viccars
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 1, 2007
      happy new year to you too Henrik, watch out for those volvo drivers, guess
      you have more over there than we do over here in the UK.

      Tom D. wrote:

      > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Henrik" <trippletrophy@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Yes yes yes!
      >>
      >> Let 2007 be a another fine bike year!
      >>
      >> Thanks for everything that you guys bring on this great sight. .
      >>
      >> regards from Henrik in Sweden.
      >

      > Me too, me too, me too...
      > Regards from,
      > Tom D. USA!!!

    • Bud Izen
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 1, 2007
        What do mean, watch out for those Volvo drivers? I'm a Volvo driver. Got my
        first one (at 19) three years after I rode my first motorcycle. Haven't
        owned as many Volvos as bikes, but the number is up there!

        Still riding bikes, still driving Volvos. I'd like to think the two are
        somehow related (hint, safe driving.....)

        <<happy new year to you too Henrik, watch out for those volvo drivers, guess
        you have more over there than we do over here in the UK.>>

        A fun and safe New Year to all of you on this great list!

        Bud Izen
        Turner Oregon

        '99 Platinum 900 24,000+ miles
        '95 Volvo 960 140,000 + miles

      • Ken Hastie
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
            What do mean, watch out for those Volvo drivers? I'm a Volvo driver.

            Me too!
            Started with a 1975 Volvo 164 Bertone....Nicest car I ever owned...and
            Trophy FAST!(straight 6 cylinder made by Peugeot)
            Next a 1981 240DL.....drove until rust ruined it at 280,000 miles, sold for
            400$ to a guy who is still driving it on original motor,tranny and clutch...
            Next my present back-up to the truck,,,a 1991 740...160K on this one,never a
            breakdown, still original shocks and struts, gets 27mpg at 70mph on hiway. I
            expect to be driving this car for at least the next 10 years(100K).Many Volvo
            drivers are soccer mom idiots,but many are old guys who can't afford a
            Mercedes diesel(repairs are much cheaper on the Volvo). That old 2.3 4cyl volvo
            motor is legendary. One guy I knew drove a 240DL for 300K,till the body fell
            off then put the engine in his farm tractor...still runs today.The 2.3 is also
            used on
            in-board power boats alot.Change the oil and they will never die...Now if
            only my Ford F-150 was that reliable.
            Dave

          • AJ Turner
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
              Boy am I disappointed!

              I thought this was a TRIUMPH group? Now I hear Triumph people saying
              they drive Volvos??? The injustice of it all!

              Even my CAGE is a Triumph (TR6 to be exact)!

              AJ Turner
              '96 Merlot BBBB
              '69 650 Tiger TR6R
              '69 Triumph TR6

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@...> wrote:

              > ...and your Group Owner drives a 7 seater Volvo 940 estate, so anyone
              > criticising Volvo drivers on this group is definitely walking on dodgy
              > ground, believe me... 8:)
              >
              > Ken Hastie
              > Group Owner

            • Trophy Mick
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@...> wrote:
                ...and your Group Owner drives a 7 seater Volvo 940 estate, so anyone
                > criticising Volvo drivers on this group is definitely walking on dodgy
                > ground, believe me... 8:)
                >
                > Ken Hastie
                > Group Owner

                I would never dream of criticising anyone who drives a Vulva, I don't
                have to;o)

                Mick,Scotland,UK.
              • danielwzei
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "AJ Turner" <aj-turner@...> wrote:

                  > Boy am I disappointed!
                  >
                  > I thought this was a TRIUMPH group? Now I hear Triumph people saying
                  > they drive Volvos??? The injustice of it all!
                  >
                  > Even my CAGE is a Triumph (TR6 to be exact)!
                  >
                  > AJ Turner
                  > '96 Merlot BBBB
                  > '69 650 Tiger TR6R
                  > '69 Triumph TR6
                  >
                  >AJ,
                  It is interesting that we two wheel enthusiasts often share taste in four wheel rides. My
                  special interest "cage" is a 1980 FI TR8 roadster. When I can not ride my Trophy, I choose
                  to drive fun motor cars. We "make driving and riding fun"!
                  Dan Zei
                  '96 BRG BBBB
                  80 Triumph TR8
                  99 Land Rover Discovery 11
                  2002 Audi ALMS TT
                  2006 Saab 9 -7x

                  > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > ...and your Group Owner drives a 7 seater Volvo 940 estate, so anyone
                  > > criticising Volvo drivers on this group is definitely walking on dodgy
                  > > ground, believe me... 8:)
                  > >
                  > > Ken Hastie
                  > > Group Owner

                • Ken Hastie
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Well, I have an MGB as well. Last year of the chrome bumpers !

                    Ken Hastie
                    Group Owner
                    ...just crawled out of garage after replacing rear tyre and tube on said BSA
                    with puncture. Tyre was getting down to 2mm and tube was pretty much
                    knackered after riding too far on slowly deflating tyre. I was surprised I
                    had a nice Avon Roadrunner Universal in 19 inch. Seem to remember buying it
                    at an autojumble for a fiver. Almost new. Oh well, it's on the bike now...

                    > I thought this was a TRIUMPH group? Now I hear Triumph people saying
                    > they drive Volvos??? The injustice of it all!
                  • jim schisler
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 2, 2007
                      And my cage is an old series land rover. The last year they were
                      imported into the states. Luv it cause everything is rebuildable but
                      not too hot on the freeways... 8-)
                      jim s.
                      -----
                      At 03:05 PM 1/2/2007, you wrote:

                      >Well, I have an MGB as well. Last year of the chrome bumpers !
                      >
                      >Ken Hastie
                      >Group Owner
                      >...just crawled out of garage after replacing rear tyre and tube on said BSA
                      >with puncture. Tyre was getting down to 2mm and tube was pretty much
                      >knackered after riding too far on slowly deflating tyre. I was surprised I
                      >had a nice Avon Roadrunner Universal in 19 inch. Seem to remember buying it
                      >at an autojumble for a fiver. Almost new. Oh well, it's on the bike now...
                    • Phil Smith
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 4, 2007
                        Well
                        Have to vote that my 1991 Volvo 940SE is still driving quick and comfy
                        after 200K miles and the wife says she won't let it go even for a new
                        Volvo...
                        Rides like you are in a bank vault on the freeways and the SE
                        suspension still has it hold up in the corners. not a corvette or TR6,
                        but great car. It feels like a few tons for steady ride and the turbo
                        4 2.3 still has all of the zip it wants.

                        pj

                        > What do mean, watch out for those Volvo drivers? I'm a Volvo driver.
                        >
                        > Me too!
                        > Started with a 1975 Volvo 164 Bertone....Nicest car I ever
                        owned...and
                        > Trophy FAST!(straight 6 cylinder made by Peugeot)
                        > Next a 1981 240DL.....drove until rust ruined it at 280,000 miles,
                        sold for
                        > 400$ to a guy who is still driving it on original motor,tranny and
                        clutch...
                        That old 2.3 4cyl volvo
                        > motor is legendary. One guy I knew drove a 240DL for 300K,till the
                        body fell
                        > off then put the engine in his farm tractor...still runs today.The
                        2.3 is also
                        > used on
                        > in-board power boats alot.

                      • Henrik
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 4, 2007
                          Yeah. . I know about those Volvo people. . I try not to wake them up
                          when I pass them in my old beautiful Mercedes. . . :-)

                          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, mark roy viccars

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 5, 2007
                            turbo
                            4 2.3 still has all of the zip it wants.

                            Theres that 2.3L engine again...

                          • mark roy viccars
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 5, 2007
                              well Henrik, looks like we've really started something going here with the
                              volvo thing. perhaps only us in the uk understand the
                              humour.............volvo drivers are public enemy No 1 over here cos they
                              feel so safe and secure they dont look where they're going and basically are
                              very dozy. concequently many bikers have been punted off the road by these 2
                              ton marvels of automotive engineering with a half awake partially sighted
                              pensioner at the wheel. the cars are fine, it's the drivers (at least over
                              here) that are the problem. anyway this is a Triumph Trophy forum so I hope
                              that is the last we read about volvos. I have an emerald green 1200 that
                              i've had just over a year and i love it to bits, you kind of 'sit in' these
                              bikes, i love the accellaration, its so smooth and effortless which is great
                              for an all day ride, I'm going with our local RAT pack (pure triumph of
                              wellingborough) for a tour of the low countries in the summer and taking my
                              9 year old boy on his first foray into europe (on a bike). ride safe my
                              friend, mark.

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 6, 2007
                                Yup. . I think its best to leave this topic to the Vulva forums. .
                                ops sorry, Volvo forum! sorry. . If there are any! :-)
                                Better stick to what we al share as a nice pleasure. . Trophy´s and
                                there brothers in the Triumph family!

                                My 900 waits in the garage over this unusualy hot winter. . I could
                                take for a spinn right now, but theres is still lot of salt on the
                                roads and thats no fun to get on your bike. .

                                And also, my exhaust is in bits and peices. . I bought an full open
                                Original Daytona slipon that I stripped the paint from and polished
                                up to a sprakling alu finish. . Ofcourse I also need to rebuild the 3
                                into 2 system. . 3 to 1 will be my thingy this season. . Cant wait
                                to hear the sweet tune from this bike when its all done. .

                                Regards /Henrik

                                <sparky.mark@...> wrote:

                                > well Henrik, looks like we've really started something going here
                                with the
                                > volvo thing. perhaps only us in the uk understand the
                                > humour.............volvo drivers are public enemy No 1 over here
                                cos they
                                > feel so safe and secure they dont look where they're going and
                                basically are
                                > very dozy. concequently many bikers have been punted off the road
                                by these 2
                                > ton marvels of automotive engineering with a half awake partially
                                sighted
                                > pensioner at the wheel. the cars are fine, it's the drivers (at
                                least over
                                > here) that are the problem. anyway this is a Triumph Trophy forum
                                so I hope
                                > that is the last we read about volvos. I have an emerald green 1200
                                that
                                > i've had just over a year and i love it to bits, you kind of 'sit
                                in' these
                                > bikes, i love the accellaration, its so smooth and effortless which
                                is great
                                > for an all day ride, I'm going with our local RAT pack (pure
                                triumph of
                                > wellingborough) for a tour of the low countries in the summer and
                                taking my
                                > 9 year old boy on his first foray into europe (on a bike). ride
                                safe my
                                > friend, mark.
                                >
                                > Henrik-8 wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Yes yes yes!
                                > >
                                > > Let 2007 be a another fine bike year!
                                > >
                                > > Thanks for everything that you guys bring on this great sight. .
                                > >
                                > > regards from Henrik in Sweden.
                                > >

                                > --

                              • mark roy viccars
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 6, 2007
                                  yeah we have the roads gritted here as well at this time of year so i'm
                                  having to get around on my old kawasaki 500. the trophys covered over and
                                  has an optimate taking care of the battery, took my silencers off last year
                                  so i could do some maintenance to the back end, ran it around the block
                                  without the silencers on..............awesome.
                                  mark.

                                  Henrik-8 wrote:

                                  > Yup. . I think its best to leave this topic to the Vulva forums. .
                                  > ops sorry, Volvo forum! sorry. . If there are any! :-)
                                  > Better stick to what we al share as a nice pleasure. . Trophy´s and
                                  > there brothers in the Triumph family!
                                  >
                                  > My 900 waits in the garage over this unusualy hot winter. . I could
                                  > take for a spinn right now, but theres is still lot of salt on the
                                  > roads and thats no fun to get on your bike. .
                                  >
                                  > And also, my exhaust is in bits and peices. . I bought an full open
                                  > Original Daytona slipon that I stripped the paint from and polished
                                  > up to a sprakling alu finish. . Ofcourse I also need to rebuild the 3
                                  > into 2 system. . 3 to 1 will be my thingy this season. . Cant wait
                                  > to hear the sweet tune from this bike when its all done. .
                                  >
                                  > Regards /Henrik
                                  >

                                  > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, mark roy viccars
                                  > <sparky.mark@...> wrote:
                                  >>

                                  >> well Henrik, looks like we've really started something going here
                                  > with the
                                  >> volvo thing. perhaps only us in the uk understand the
                                  >> humour.............volvo drivers are public enemy No 1 over here
                                  > cos they
                                  >> feel so safe and secure they dont look where they're going and
                                  > basically are
                                  >> very dozy. concequently many bikers have been punted off the road
                                  > by these 2
                                  >> ton marvels of automotive engineering with a half awake partially
                                  > sighted
                                  >> pensioner at the wheel. the cars are fine, it's the drivers (at
                                  > least over
                                  >> here) that are the problem. anyway this is a Triumph Trophy forum
                                  > so I hope
                                  >> that is the last we read about volvos. I have an emerald green 1200
                                  > that
                                  >> i've had just over a year and i love it to bits, you kind of 'sit
                                  > in' these
                                  >> bikes, i love the accellaration, its so smooth and effortless which
                                  > is great
                                  >> for an all day ride, I'm going with our local RAT pack (pure
                                  > triumph of
                                  >> wellingborough) for a tour of the low countries in the summer and
                                  > taking my
                                  >> 9 year old boy on his first foray into europe (on a bike). ride
                                  > safe my
                                  >> friend, mark.
                                  >>
                                  >> Henrik-8 wrote:
                                  >> >
                                  >> > Yes yes yes!
                                  >> >
                                  >> > Let 2007 be a another fine bike year!
                                  >> >
                                  >> > Thanks for everything that you guys bring on this great sight. .
                                  >> >
                                  >> > regards from Henrik in Sweden.
                                  >> >

                                  >> --

                                • Phil Smith
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 7, 2007