Re: [TriumphTrophy] New Member/Bar Risers

  • shu
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2006
      hey andy!

      i like the gen mar's as well...

      as far as exploiting our dollar, go right ahead! the ones that worry me are
      the chinese. when they start calling in their markers, i don't know what we
      will have left to hock. the future is already leveraged... i've started
      eating lots of rice and fish just to get ready for some of the changes.
      :>)

      cheers,

      shu
    • Ross
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
        Have you tried to fit them yet? My '98 did not have enough slack in
        the brake line to get them on. "Fortunately" my right front brake line
        sprung a leak, so I am going with Galfer SS lines that have the
        required slack. I ask because all post-96 models are supposed to have
        a slightly longer brake line, but mine didn't...
      • andygiles
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
          Hi Ross/Shu
          Yes they fitted ok. To 15min to do the whole job. Do the Galfer lines still
          use three line at the front? I heard of some upgrades having only two brake
          lines and wondered how that worked. I need to replace mine in the near
          future as the outer casings are starting to look tired.
          Regards and happy to year
          Andy

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
            andy@... writes:

            I heard of some upgrades having only two brake
            lines and wondered how that worked. I need to replace mine in the near
            future as the outer casings are starting to look tired.
            Regards and happy to year
            Andy

            I fitted HEL brake lines with only 2. They both run the full length from the
            master cylinder(with an extra long banjo bolt supplied with the kit) with 1
            to each brake caliper.
            Less joints and places to trap air, very happy with mine.
            You can ask for longer lines at no extra cost.
            HTH.

            Dave, '95 900

          • Ross
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
              (2 lines all the way) That's what the Galfer set I bought does. They
              look very well made, I don't have them on yet. The ends are correctly
              angled, etc. I need to figure out how to restrain/guide them tho;
              they retain the lower clamp near the caliper, but there needs to be
              something on the triple tree.

              They have an eBay store if you're interested.
            • Ken Hastie
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
                > Have you tried to fit them yet? My '98 did not have enough slack in
                > the brake line to get them on.

                I'm sure I covered this is in the FAQ page?

                In fact, I did...!

                Ken Hastie
                Group Owner