Re: engine cuts out

  • Trophy Mick
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, byker <peteforest@...> wrote:

      > hello everyone
      >
      > I have had my 99 trophy 900 for three weeks (lovely to ride), and
      twice the
      > engine has just died for no apparent reason. After a few moments it
      stars
      > again and Im on my merry way. The mechanic at Eddies Leeds could not
      give
      > me a clue, so is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and
      > cured it. Its managable around town
      > but on the motorway it could cause a serious accident.
      >
      > regards, Pete
      > --

      This sounds like the classic crankshaft position sensor. Does it cut
      out when it is warm/hot? Does it die completely or does it splutter
      first before it dies? Have you read the FAQ's on this forum?

      Mick,Scotland,UK.
    • Brian/Jacqueline Easton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2006
        At 13:15 04/12/2006, you wrote:It's your crank
        sensor/igniter pick up. £30 and 45mins to fit.
        BOAT

        >hello everyone
        >
        >I have had my 99 trophy 900 for three weeks (lovely to ride), and twice the
        >engine has just died for no apparent reason. After a few moments it stars
        >again and Im on my merry way. The mechanic at Eddies Leeds could not give
        >me a clue, so is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and
        >cured it. Its managable around town
        >but on the motorway it could cause a serious accident.
        >
        >regards, Pete
        >--
        >

        >Please remember that all opinions, suggestions,
        >data citations & comments are solely & strictly
        >the responsibility of each contributor. Making
        >use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!
        >
        >Post message: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
        >Subscribe: TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        >FAQs:
        >href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_PyLZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font
        >color="#FF0000" size="3"><strong>FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions),
        >
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Phil Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
          Does it die after it has completelyt warmed up, or soon after you start
          it.
          What it the idle RPM after it's warmed up.
          Does it shut OFF instantly, or does it stutter and then coughout.
          Does it matter if you turn up the idle a bit.

          pj