Re: Trophytona or Daytrophy 1200

  • spberrecloth
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2006
      Phil,

      Sounds a great project. I have just finished something similiar:

      http://belco-bikes.mysite.orange.co.uk/page5.html

      I would be interested in how your jetting ends up? I tried a Daytona
      DynaJet kit and could not get it to work properly.

      Cheers,
      BEL
    • Phil Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3, 2006
        I have decided that with the new power/performance upgrade, that Tire
        mileage is secondary and I want all the grip that the beast can get.
        With the Daytona 1200 conversion it's not the priority to get good gas
        mileage. You gets what you get. Same for the tires. I'm not riding
        an econobox anymore.
        Sure wish the new Fuel-Injected Trophy 1400/4 Tour bike was out...
        Sprint 1050 morphed with the Speed Triple plus an extra grafted
        cylinder, tuned to the Daytona/Speed triple electronics.
        When I put on the Avon Azaros after running 2 sets of Bridgestone 020s
        to dust, I thought it couldn't get better. Also I figure the Avons
        are good for 8K rear and 10K front fron the first set (gone) and the
        current tires.

        If I get 5-6K on the rear it's good and 6-8K on the fronts.

        Phil

        > When I stock up on tires, what did the Daytona 1200 wear for tires.
        > > The 955 has Michelin pilot powers and came with the Bridgestones
        010
        > > or 020s.
        > >
        > > I think I might give the Michelin power pilots a try, next. I
        know
        > > the avons are the best for the old trophy 1200 but not sure if I
        > > want to go full race...with the new power.
        > >

        > You might try the Pilot Roads for better mileage. I put a set on
        after
        > having Dunlop 208's and they are really good. Great feedback and
        > sticky. I have a 95 BBB.

      • Phil Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2006
          Nice work

          I'll get the full story together and post it next week. Not as slick
          as yours but the basics.

          Also the dyno is on the list as it needs to justify the effort of this
          undertaking.

          Costs
          Surprisingly it's really only the cost of the cams (if you can find
          them) and the jet kit over a full major tune with valve adjustment.

          phil

          > Sounds a great project. I have just finished something similiar:
          >
          > http://belco-bikes.mysite.orange.co.uk/page5.html
          >
          > I would be interested in how your jetting ends up? I tried a Daytona
          > DynaJet kit and could not get it to work properly.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > BEL

        • Randall Rolling
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
            "new Fuel-Injected Trophy 1400/4 Tour bike"

            Phil,

            Don't start everyone's hopes up with those kind of dreams. I'm sure many hearts started racing when they read that. That would be nice. I went my a BMW dealership in Daytona last week. Even BMW didn't understand why Triumph discontinued the Trophy. It would be great if they brought it back with a 1400 and say a power adjust windshield.

            Randy
            '01 BBBB
            Florida

          • Phil Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
              With the new FJR somethings coming

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2006
                Bah! Mine didn't. Now, if he'd said "new Fuel-Injected Trophy 1200/3"
                I'd be excited!

                Alex