Re: Question about rear brake pad replacement

  • Phil Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2006
      My mistake. Not a sears socket...

      My 12mm hex socket is made by baxter tools. It was purchased at a
      specialty tool store. (mechanics and carpenters)

      It is a half height socket with a very short 12 mm allen stub in the
      socket. I think it's friction inserted but there is no lock or set
      screw to remove it.

      I picket it up for 6 bucks. I chose this one over similar to the
      snap on as the clearance on my 01 1200 is close on the rear wheel
      adjuster. There are probably other ways. If you want the cheap
      way, cut the end off a 12 mm allen key and stick it in a 12mm socket
      and you're set. since you only need it every 15K miles or so, you
      probably dont have to glue of affix it permanently.

      Phil