Clock and Fuel Gauge Problems

  • Tom Witt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      When I first got my Trophy (over a month ago), the clock seemed to work for the mostpart (or at least I thought it did). Then shortly there after, it only worked when the bike was running. A couple weeks ago, it began intermittently working. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Then it just simply stopped all together. Now, this past Friday on my way home from work, I look down and noticed that the gas gauge was showing empty. I knew it wasn't. It would appear this has stopped working as well. Wasn't too worried about the clock and although I can live without the gas gauge, it really bugs me. I haven't had a chance to even look at it yet. Does this sound like a blown fuse, or maybe something else? Two seperate problems or maybe related? Any ideas?

      Tom (Southwestern Ohio)
      1996 Triumph Trophy 900 BRG
    • John Norton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
        My clock on my 96/1200 had the same problem, work a bit than not, thought it was part of Triumph electrical history. I pulled the nose fairing and cleaned the contacts and it now works fine except when I let the bike sit for a week or so and no battery tender on. I think it is designed to shut off and not drain battery,

        jn
      • Ken Hastie
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          On 2 Apr 01 at 10:18, Tom Witt wrote:

          > t had a chance to even look at it yet. Does this sound like a blown
          > fuse, o= r maybe something else? Two seperate problems or maybe
          > related? Any ideas?

          Probably related. Have a look in the wiring diagram that is in the
          manual that came with your bike. See if there is a common fuse to
          both items. It could be just a dodgy connection in the fuseholder
          area, or it could be a blown fuse. If you don;t understand wiring
          diagrams, then contact me off-line and I will take a look for you.

          Ken the Geordie e-mail:ken@...
          BSA A75, A65, A10, B40, D7, D14, D1, Trophy 1200
        • Witttom@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
            Checked all the fuses and lots and lots of connectors. Still haven't made any
            progress. Both gas gauge and clock still aren't working. Any other
            suggestions or directions someone can't point me in?

            Tom - 96 Trophy 900