Fitting Tiger Handguards.

  • marvellousmoley
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 8:16 PM
      I've had my 1995 900 Trophy for just over a year after several BMW's.
      Weather protection for the upper body and especially the hands is so
      much better on the BMW's although the Trophy 'Grin Factor' more than
      compensates for most of the time.
      After several pairs of supposedly waterproof gloves, I'm looking into
      fitting Tiger Handguards.
      Have you fitted them to your Trophy?
      Do they work?
      Do you need to move the mirrors?
      Where is the best place in the UK to source the parts required?
      Any advice will be gratefully received.

      Thanks, Dave.
    • alchemymm
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 5:29 AM
        > After several pairs of supposedly waterproof gloves, I'm looking into
        > fitting Tiger Handguards.
        > Have you fitted them to your Trophy?
        > Do they work?

        > Thanks, Dave.

        I asked my dealer about this some years ago and he said it was not
        possible.

        If you find out any different please let me know.

        thanks
        Andy
      • Dmollington@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2 5:42 PM
          Hi Andy,
          I know it is possible because I've seen one with them fitted. He had to
          remove the Trophy mirrors and fitted handlebar mounted mirrors. It also had
          Daytona forks but was definitely a post '95 Trophy.

          Dave '95 900

        • pls6890
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5 9:37 PM
            ---I just fitted Tiger handguards to my 96 Trophy, You will also need
            2 of the longer Tiger brake lever pivot bolts. It takes some
            manicuring on the bottom with a drill and Dremel Mototool or rotary
            grinder in order for bolt and nut to protrude.It's not that difficult.

            Took me amout an hour. Well worth it in colder weather, especially
            along with heated grips. Will see if they are too warm in summer. Be
            usre to save original pivot bolts just in case you need to swap back
            in warm weather.

            Good Luck

            Steve '96 BBB_ BRG
          • Trophy Mick
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6 2:00 AM
              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "pls6890" <william.calkins@...>
              wrote:

              > ---I just fitted Tiger handguards to my 96 Trophy, You will also need
              > 2 of the longer Tiger brake lever pivot bolts.

              > Good Luck
              >
              > Steve '96 BBB_ BRG

              Certainly worth thinking about in the good ole British climate.
              Any chance of a pic Steve?

              Mick,Scotland,UK.
            • Phil Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , May 6 3:26 AM
                80 at the house Sunday and 100 only 50 miles east in the edge of the
                desert. Summers here. WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

                > ---I just fitted Tiger handguards to my 96 Trophy, You will also
                need
                > 2 of the longer Tiger brake lever pivot bolts. It takes some
                > manicuring on the bottom with a drill and Dremel Mototool or rotary
                > grinder in order for bolt and nut to protrude.It's not that
                difficult.

                > Took me amout an hour. Well worth it in colder weather, especially
                > along with heated grips. Will see if they are too warm in summer. Be
                > usre to save original pivot bolts just in case you need to swap back
                > in warm weather.
                >
                > Good Luck
                >
                > Steve '96 BBB_ BRG

              • Dave Pearson
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6 10:10 AM

                  > Certainly worth thinking about in the good ole British climate.
                  > Any chance of a pic Steve?
                  >
                  > Mick,Scotland,UK.

                  I have just taken mine off my 94 Trophy.If you want a picture I can
                  soon put them back on again.

                  Dave.
                • Dmollington@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 7 2:09 PM
                    Have you got any idea of the part numbers?
                    I've asked my dealer who doesn't seem very keen at all, all he told me was
                    there are 2 different Tiger handguards and he'd have to know which ones to
                    order.
                    Your '94 would be the same as my '95 in this respect.
                    Thank you,
                    Dave '95 900