Fuse box, wondering about water.

  • xs1100g
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      Trophy riders,

      I noticed the rubber boot covering my fuse box on the bottom side has
      deteriorated and is basically open to the elements (2000 1200). It is
      located directly in front of the small right side fairing opening and it
      seems water could enter there at a high rate of speed :-). Anybody else have
      this problem or get water in the fusebox? Any fix other than buying a new
      one?

      Thanks,

      Gary

    • taylorrguk
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "xs1100g" <xs1100g@...> wrote:

        > I noticed the rubber boot covering my fuse box on the bottom side has
        > deteriorated and is basically open to the elements (2000 1200). It is
        > located directly in front of the small right side fairing opening and it
        > seems water could enter there at a high rate of speed :-). Anybody
        else have
        > this problem or get water in the fusebox? Any fix other than buying
        a new
        > one?

        Try aerosol foam from a diy store. (The kind burgulars used to
        silence alarm boxes!) Should be able to squirt it straight into
        position without removing any bodywork?
        Should do for a temporary fix until your next service?

        Richard T
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2006
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "xs1100g" <xs1100g@...> wrote:

          > Trophy riders,
          >

          > I noticed the rubber boot covering my fuse box on the bottom side
          has
          > deteriorated and is basically open to the elements (2000 1200). It
          is
          > located directly in front of the small right side fairing opening
          and it
          > seems water could enter there at a high rate of speed :-). Anybody
          else have
          > this problem or get water in the fusebox? Any fix other than
          buying a new
          > one?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Gary

          Gary,
          I had the same thing happen to my 1999, it was replaced under
          warranty. I would replace it ASAP and spray some 303 Aerospace
          Protectant.
          Tom D.

          http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant