Re: [TriumphTrophy] New Member asking questions already!

  • Dmollington@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
      It could be an air leak between the carburretors and the cylinder head.
      An easy way to check is to run the engine at operating temperature and spray
      nearly any kind of (non corrosive) aerosol, I use Easystart, onto the joints
      between carb' and head.
      If the engine speed changes or it cuts out altogether, you have an air leak.
      Make sure everything is tight and try again.
      You may even be able to tell which cylinder is affected.
      HTH.
      Dave '95 900

    • taylorrguk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "kahjelliott" <kahjelliott@...>
        wrote:

        > OK guys,
        > This is my first season with my 97 trident after selling my 75 trident
        > and I have a slight problem, I've noticed that when the engine is warm,
        > after closing the throttle it seems to take some time for the revs to
        > die down. I've also noticed that it seems to be a bit "lumpy" when
        > operating on a hardly open throttle in a lower gear. Are both of these
        > items normal?

        May be just idling too fast. The CV carbs tend to keep themselves going!
        Reduce the idle by screwing the black knob at the LHS of the carbs
        anti-clockwise, until you get a hot idle speed of ~750rpm. Also check
        that there is still a little slack in the throttle cable. If that
        doesn't work, it could ba a manifold air leak, or carbs out of balance.
        Mechanic cure, if you're not confident to tackle yourself.

        Richard T