Re: Digest Number 76 comments about my wife's bike

  • CHRIS BELL
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1999
      Michael-
      I will post a picture or two of the Trophy with the purple Gustaffson soon.
      I can't compare its performance to the stock screen because this one was on
      the bike when we bought it.

      Richard Anderson asked about if the bike has been lowered:
      She is fairly tall (5'9") so she can handle a relatively tall bike.
      However, I think the rear wheel assembly has been turned to lower it. I
      don't think the front forks have been lowered though. At this point it
      doesn't really matter - her confidence with this bike has been shaken from
      two low speed dumps so that NOTHING I can do wil make her like it. She has
      made up her mind.

      Honestly, I was afraid it might be too big even before we bought it, but
      she was determined to get this one. Her only previous bike was a very light
      and low Suzuki Savage. I felt she should try a bike somewhere in between,
      but she doesn't have the bike shopping patience that I do and rushed into
      this one.

      Dave (Beardg) said (in response to Michael's comment: "Chris, sorry to hear
      it proved too much for your wife. I would be interested in her"):

      >Micheal I think he`s selling the bike.......not the wife.

      >What do the politicians say--"taken completely out of context?"

      Whew! That looked funny the first time I saw it too. But I knew what he
      meant.

      Later,

      Chris Bell
      Austin, TX
      '95 Triumph Speed Triple "TaCO"
      '90 BMW K75RT "Neptune"
      '73 TX-125 Harley/Aermacchi "Piglet" (for sale)