Survey

  • mwhurst@xxxx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 1999
      It looks like we are up to about 35 members throwing their 10
      votes for the "most-wanted" list (345 votes total divided by 10
      per member on average, with a few not quite making the 10 total).

      Even if the survey results are looking like your favorites are
      winning, the results will have FAR more weight when I can say that
      50/60 of 70 dedicated owners responded with these priorities. So
      if you have a chance, please try www.onelist.com/survey/TriumphTrophy
      and cast your votes.

      On Friday, 12/3, I will change the list to post the next 15 that
      have been suggested by the members. To try and make it equivalent,
      I will post the top ten from the first list, so you are voting on
      whether any of the next 15 should be in that top 10. I figure the
      factory primarily will be interested in the top 10 with a relatively
      low interest in the next 35(we all generated 45 product improvement
      ideas!).

      What's my motive, you ask? I want to know whether we can make a
      difference or at least register an impact. Can't know either without
      trying. Your help, if you're interested in that issue, is greatly
      appreciated.

      Michael
    • Michael Hurst
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 1999
        I just wanted everyone to know that it will take a minimum of 18 votes to
        move an item in the current survey list into the top 10 that I listed for
        your information from the first survey. So check it out at
        http://www.onelist.com/surveys/TriumphTrophy Thanks.

        Michael
      • Barry Freeman
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 29, 2000
          After discussions on the Yahoo Triumph club, we thought it would be a
          good idea to conduct a survey of as many Triumph riders/owners as we
          could and present the results to Triumph.

          Unexpectedly (or maybe not, actually) Triumph have asked to see the
          questions and possibly add some of their own, before it goes live.

          I've no objection to that, and I can see why Triumph would be
          interested - it's extremely cheap (ie free!) market research for them.
          However, it does offer an opportunity to get some messages across.

          Since Triumph want to see the questions, I see no reason why everybody
          shouldn't see them as well.

          the ISP that hosts my site is having problems setting up their CGI, so
          untiul t hat is running I'm making the survey available with the
          SUBMIT disabled so everyone can see it, without actually sending any
          data.

          Please go have a look. Feel free to suggest any questions that you
          want to. The more we have the better a picture we can get.

          The site is at <http://www.dotatdot.co.uk> and I do apologise in
          advance for the naff front page. It was done in a hurry and will
          (probably) get improved later <G>.

          Email suggestions to dot@... rather than the list to reduce
          traffic.

          ---
          Bazz
          Trophy. Formulated and Controlled by Laboratoire Hinckley
        • keith.ley@ihs.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 23, 2000
            BAzz,
            I filled out the survey but when I clicked on "Submit" I just got a 404;
            Page not found. Is anyone else having trouble with it???

            Thanks,

            Keith
          • Michael Hurst
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 23, 2000
              For whatever reason, I cannot get through to the address supplied by
              Bazz. I use ATT.NET most of the time; Harvard.net; and the MIT ISP.
              Still can't find that address. Any clues anyone?

              Michael
            • Beardg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 23, 2000
                I couldn`t even get TO the page....ERROR
                DaveL.
              • Barry Freeman
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 24, 2000
                  Lot of people seem to be having problems getting to the survey - for
                  what reason I don't know.

                  Over last weekend, they were doing some upgrades and there were some
                  interruptions on Saturday and Sunday, but that's all done as of
                  Monday.

                  You could try going to the front page www.dotatdot.co.uk and clicking
                  the link for the survey. I'm at a loss to explain what's wrong..

                  it's obviously not a geographic fault.

                  BAzz

                  On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:57:35 EDT, you wrote:

                  >I couldn`t even get TO the page....ERROR
                  >DaveL.
                  >

                  >Welcome to the Year 2000 with the Trophy Owners Group!
                • Niall Guiver
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 24, 2000
                    --- In TriumphTrophy@egroups.com, keith.ley@i... wrote:

                    > BAzz,
                    > I filled out the survey but when I clicked on "Submit" I just
                    got a 404;
                    > Page not found. Is anyone else having trouble with it???
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >

                    > Keith

                    Same here

                    Niall
                  • John Norton
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 24, 2000
                      Took the survey Monday and no problems that I know of

                      John
                    • Michael Hurst
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 25, 2000
                        Bazz's explanation of his site vendor making fixes, etc., must have
                        been part of the reason some of us were having trouble responding to
                        the survey, particularly over the weekend. I was able to complete
                        his survey last night (Tuesday) with no problem.

                        Michael
                      • Barry Freeman
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 25, 2000
                          On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:23:37 -0000, you wrote:

                          >Bazz's explanation of his site vendor making fixes, etc., must have
                          >been part of the reason some of us were having trouble responding to
                          >the survey, particularly over the weekend. I was able to complete
                          >his survey last night (Tuesday) with no problem.

                          Yup, I got an email from them this norning which I will quote in part:

                          Last week saw the installation of new equipment, servers and bandwidth
                          to enable us to offer you a whole host of exciting new features and
                          services.
                          Thank you for bearing with us during the weekend work.

                          Evidently it took a bit longer than expected to install the new kit!
                          BAzz