RAT question

  • AJ Turner
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1, 2006
      How long does it normally take to begin receiving information from RAT
      headquarters after you've signed-up?

      I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to make it free, but I've
      yet to get any type of information at all.

      I must be registered - since I can login at the Triumph website using my
      username/password.

      Just realized how long it's been and thought I'd ask.

      AJ Turner
      '96 Merlot BBBB
    • Rick MacPherson
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 1, 2006
        AJ,

        Good question in which I don't have an answer. However as the local Triumph
        Rat Pack Leader, I will send an inquiry off to a contact at head office in
        the US of A.

        Rick MacPherson

        How long does it normally take to begin receiving information from RAT
        headquarters after you've signed-up?

        I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to make it free, but I've
        yet to get any type of information at all.

        I must be registered - since I can login at the Triumph website using my
        username/password.

        Just realized how long it's been and thought I'd ask.

        AJ Turner
        '96 Merlot BBBB

        Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
        are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
        the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

        FAQs:
        href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
        LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • b25bsaboy
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
          AJ,

          Promised you an answer anbd here you go:

          Rick,

          There will no longer be membership cards. The patches and pin sets
          are available in 2006 only, and can be requested by sending in a self
          addressed stamped envelope to the following address:

          2006 R.A.T. Badge
          385 Walt Sanders Memorial Drive
          Suite 100
          Newnan, GA 30265

          Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
          Thanks,
          Tia Robinson
          Riders Association of Triumph
          Newnan, Georgia

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "AJ Turner" <aj-turner@...>
          wrote:

          > How long does it normally take to begin receiving information from
          RAT
          > headquarters after you've signed-up?
          >
          > I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to make it free,
          but I've
          > yet to get any type of information at all.
          >
          > I must be registered - since I can login at the Triumph website
          using my
          > username/password.
          >
          > Just realized how long it's been and thought I'd ask.
          >
          > AJ Turner
          > '96 Merlot BBBB

        • AJ Turner
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
            Wow thanks Rick!!! That was fast :-)

            What I was really looking forward to was the magazine. They do still send
            out their magazine don't they?

            Can they really send the patch and pin in a regular envelope with the
            standard weight postage? It seems like it would require extra postage.

            AJ Turner
            '96 Merlot BBBB

            > Promised you an answer anbd here you go:
            >
            > Rick,
            >
            > There will no longer be membership cards. The patches and pin sets
            > are available in 2006 only, and can be requested by sending in a self
            > addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
            >
            > 2006 R.A.T. Badge
            > 385 Walt Sanders Memorial Drive
            > Suite 100
            > Newnan, GA 30265
            >
            > Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
            > Thanks,
            > Tia Robinson
            > Riders Association of Triumph
            > Newnan, Georgia

          • Wal_THO
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
              Same problem here. I shot off an email a few days
              back, if I hear anything I will let you know.

              When you received the confirmation email with username
              and passcode did you notice something weird? The
              email to me stated "Your membership is valid until
              01/12/2006 and ..." that is only a day or two after I
              signed up. That membership period is shorter than my
              last marriage.

              WalTHO, 2000 Tri Tro 1200 BRG (of course), 2005 Bonne
              Black 800

              > I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to
              > make it free, but I've
              > yet to get any type of information at all.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Rick MacPherson
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                Without getting to technical this is what will happen:

                1. When you send your self addressed envelopes, they will tape it to a
                bubble pack and put it into the mail.

                2. The quarterly magazines are still being published and are being sent as
                they normally do. I don't think there is any changes there, however as
                everyone knows, I may be stood to be corrected! I will AJ, if I have your
                blessings, forward our comments to Tia and see what the response is.

                Rick MacPherson

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                  WalTho

                  That's an easy one. Triumph wants you to update your membership information
                  yearly. If you don't, they automatically assume you don't want any more
                  magazines, you no longer want to be a Rat Member or you have sold your
                  beloved Triumph!

                  Remember, update your membership yearly! If you forget, only person you can
                  jump on is you and others like the rest of us who sometimes forgets.

                  Rick MacPherson

                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                    Here is the response I just received and hope this clears up some
                    issues with all of us:

                    Rick,

                    Not a problem. Glad to help.

                    Any envelope, at least the size of a letter, will be sufficient.
                    I've received a variety of envelopes, and none have been returned.

                    Membership is free and valid until December 1, 2006. Each year, in
                    December, we will ask that all current members log on and indicate
                    that they want to continue their free membership.

                    I hope that answers your questions. Please let me know if you need
                    any more assistance.

                    Thank you,
                    Tia Robinson
                    Riders Association of Triumph
                    Newnan, Georgia
                    FAX: 678-539-8745
                    RatAmerica@...

                    There you go guys and gales. Direct answer from Triumph.

                    Rick MacPherson

                    -- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Wal_THO <wal_tho@...> wrote:

                    > Same problem here. I shot off an email a few days
                    > back, if I hear anything I will let you know.
                    >
                    > When you received the confirmation email with username
                    > and passcode did you notice something weird? The
                    > email to me stated "Your membership is valid until
                    > 01/12/2006 and ..." that is only a day or two after I
                    > signed up. That membership period is shorter than my
                    > last marriage.
                    >
                    > WalTHO, 2000 Tri Tro 1200 BRG (of course), 2005 Bonne
                    > Black 800
                    >
                    > > I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to
                    > > make it free, but I've
                    > > yet to get any type of information at all.

                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • AJ Turner
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                      Rick,

                      You mention envelopes in the plural....should we send them more than one?
                      Should they be stamped also?

                      This seems like a really strange way doing things. You'd think they could
                      at least send each new member a "welcome packet" of something along those
                      lines.

                      You have my blessing to forward whatever you like...I appreciate your
                      efforts.

                      AJ Turner
                      '96 Merlot BBBB

                      > Without getting to technical this is what will happen:
                      >
                      > 1. When you send your self addressed envelopes, they will tape it to a
                      > bubble pack and put it into the mail.
                      >
                      > 2. The quarterly magazines are still being published and are being sent as
                      > they normally do. I don't think there is any changes there, however as
                      > everyone knows, I may be stood to be corrected! I will AJ, if I have your
                      > blessings, forward our comments to Tia and see what the response is.
                      >
                      > Rick MacPherson
                    • J.R. Boylan
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Wal_THO <wal_tho@...> wrote:

                        > When you received the confirmation email with username
                        > and passcode did you notice something weird? The
                        > email to me stated "Your membership is valid until
                        > 01/12/2006 and ..." that is only a day or two after I
                        > signed up. That membership period is shorter than my
                        > last marriage.
                        <snip>

                        No worries. The "valid to" date is British style - day/month/year. Thus, your membership
                        expires December 1st 2006 not January 12th, 2006.

                        J.R. Boylan
                        2003 BBBB Graphite
                        The "Black-Tie" Trophy
                      • Rick MacPherson
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                          AJ,

                          The envelope issue is bad grammar on my part and appreciate you point that
                          out. One envelope is fine, as I went back and qualified the question. This
                          is the response that I received:

                          Rick,

                          Not a problem. Glad to help.

                          Any envelope, at least the size of a letter, will be sufficient. I've
                          received a variety of envelopes, and none have been returned.

                          Membership is free and valid until December 1, 2006. Each year, in
                          December, we will ask that all current members log on and indicate that they
                          want to continue their free membership.

                          I hope that answers your questions. Please let me know if you need any more
                          assistance.

                          Thank you,
                          Tia Robinson
                          Riders Association of Triumph
                          Newnan, Georgia

                          Agree about the new member not receiving something!

                          Rick MacPherson

                          > Without getting to technical this is what will happen:
                          >
                          > 1. When you send your self addressed envelopes, they will tape it to a
                          > bubble pack and put it into the mail.
                          >
                          > 2. The quarterly magazines are still being published and are being sent as
                          > they normally do. I don't think there is any changes there, however as
                          > everyone knows, I may be stood to be corrected! I will AJ, if I have your
                          > blessings, forward our comments to Tia and see what the response is.
                          >
                          > Rick MacPherson

                          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
                          are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
                          the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

                          FAQs:
                          href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
                          LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

                          Yahoo! Groups Links
                        • bellbluetriumph
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                            wrote:

                            > How long does it normally take to begin receiving information from
                            RAT
                            > headquarters after you've signed-up?
                            >
                            > I signed-up Months ago when they first decided to make it free,
                            but I've
                            > yet to get any type of information at all.
                            >
                            > I must be registered - since I can login at the Triumph website
                            using my
                            > username/password.
                            >
                            > Just realized how long it's been and thought I'd ask.
                            >
                            > AJ Turner
                            > '96 Merlot BBBB

                            Same here it's been about 4 months for me.
                            Jim
                            98 BBBB
                            99 Legend
                            82 Bonnie
                          • Wal_THO
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                              Thanks J.R. Boylan. It is humorous to me that I was
                              that short sighted. After 7 years in the military and
                              still currently writing the date like the below, I am
                              so used to converting back to the US style for
                              everyone else this made me laugh out loud.

                              Thanks again!
                              WalTHO

                              > No worries. The "valid to" date is British style -
                              > day/month/year.

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • AJ Turner
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 2, 2006
                                I have to admit that it caused me to go to the RAT website and check my own
                                expiration date! LOL

                                AJ Turner
                                '96 Merlot BBBB

                                > Thanks J.R. Boylan. It is humorous to me that I was
                                > that short sighted. After 7 years in the military and
                                > still currently writing the date like the below, I am
                                > so used to converting back to the US style for
                                > everyone else this made me laugh out loud.
                                >
                                > Thanks again!
                                > WalTHO
                                >
                                >> No worries. The "valid to" date is British style -
                                >> day/month/year.

                              • Tom
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "J.R. Boylan"
                                  <greyrider1200@...> wrote:

                                  > J.R. Boylan
                                  > 2003 BBBB Graphite

                                  > The "Black-Tie" Trophy

                                  Ah yes,
                                  A perfect label to be applied to the last year of the Trophy!!!
                                  J.R. are you interested in having the "Black Tie" Trophy show up with
                                  us at Americade this year? Monday June 5th will be the arrival date
                                  for some of us, I will be heading on home by Wednesday afternoon.
                                  Tom D.
                                  1999 BRG BBBB
                                • J.R. Boylan
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    Tom,
                                    Well... I certainly couldn't open up the "fastest color" can of worms, especially since I know
                                    the mods you've made. The "black tie" came from comments that my wife made when I
                                    brought the bike home - she felt the graphite looked so "formal". Unfortunately, she is
                                    now my ex-wife, and thus my no-show at Americade last year and my recent absence
                                    from this forum. I am getting back into the swing of things and wiling away the snow
                                    season by planning for the riding season.
                                    I can't make any promises for Americade, but I would like to try. If it happens, I probably
                                    won't be able to make it until Tuesday. I am, however, reasonably firm on attending the
                                    MeMe event this year and I would like to get back to BritJam over in your neck of the
                                    woods. I had a blast there last year and even won the "Best Equipped" award for my stone
                                    stock Trophy with tank bag. I'm disappointed that the NE RAT raid has disappeared from
                                    the schedule, I had a great deal of fun there in '04.
                                    Damn this need for a recurring paycheck that keeps interfering with my riding schedule.
                                    Take care, be safe.

                                    J.R. Boylan
                                    2003 BBBB Graphite

                                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <motoworld2001@...> wrote:

                                    > Ah yes,
                                    > A perfect label to be applied to the last year of the Trophy!!!
                                    > J.R. are you interested in having the "Black Tie" Trophy show up with
                                    > us at Americade this year? Monday June 5th will be the arrival date
                                    > for some of us, I will be heading on home by Wednesday afternoon.
                                    > Tom D.
                                    > 1999 BRG BBBB

                                  • Rick MacPherson
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 4, 2006
                                      JR,

                                      Welcome "Home".

                                      The graphite colour on the Triumph Trophy is just that, Spectacular. All my
                                      four wheel vehicles have been the dark grey graphite in colour.

                                      Rick MacPherson

                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 4, 2006
                                        <greyrider1200@...> wrote:

                                        > Tom,
                                        > I am getting back into the swing of things and wiling away the
                                        snow
                                        > season by planning for the riding season.
                                        > I can't make any promises for Americade, but I would like to try.

                                        > MeMe event this year and I would like to get back to BritJam over
                                        in your neck of the
                                        > woods.
                                        > Damn this need for a recurring paycheck that keeps interfering
                                        with my riding schedule.
                                        > Take care, be safe.
                                        >
                                        > J.R. Boylan
                                        > 2003 BBBB Graphite

                                        J.R.,
                                        I am also looking at the MeMe event this year "BUT", the Isle
                                        of Man event in Canada this September sounds very intersting...
                                        Keep in touch and we will be able to hang out some time this season.
                                        Tom D.