Re: What bike?

  • Grace
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      I am a lady rider. I agree! NOT a Trophy. I had 100,000 miles of
      riding experience before I tried out a Trophy. I am also a little
      bit taller.

      Try a used Honda VTX for a starter bike. They are light, they have
      a low center of gravity, low to the ground, a wide rear tire, and
      they are dependable. I put 50,000 miles on my used VTX before I
      upgraded to a Honda PC, then the Trophy.

      Yes, she will drop it, and she will probably be able to pick a VTX
      up on her own when she does.
      I could. LOL

      Tuffy

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Beardg@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 3/1/2006 2:13:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      > TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >
      > All,
      > A female friend, who has ridden a scooter a couple of times, wants
      > ride a road worthy bike. She intends to take the motorcycle
      training
      > course then obtain her license. Her ultimate goal is to commute
      > work and do 50-100 mile weekend rides. She is about 5'7" tall,
      average
      > build. What type of bike would you suggest for her first bike?
      > Will
      >

      > NOT a Trophy!.......How about a Suzuki Sv-650....Triumph
      Bonneville....Honda
      > Shadow 750...........Kaw Ninja 500......
      > Honda Nighthawk.......Ducati Monster 650......Triumph
      Legend....Older BMW
      > R-65 or R80.
      > But NOT A TROPHY!

    • Gordon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
        Ex scooter rider looking for a commuter ? Has to be a Honda
        Deauville !!

        > A female friend, who has ridden a scooter a couple of times, wants
        to ride a road worthy bike. She intends to take the motorcycle
        training course then obtain her license. Her ultimate goal is to
        commute to work and do 50-100 mile weekend rides. She is about 5'7"