Vista Cruise Throttle Lock Made Easy

  • Tony D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
      I just returned from a 1600+ mile in four day trip from Boston to
      Gaspe, Canada. Having a sore elbow before hand and short notice of
      the trip, there was no way I was going to try it without a throttle
      lock. I found this site,

      http://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=23

      that explain a very simple modification of a Vista Cruise throttle
      lock. The photos show it pretty well by simply cutting off the
      right angle portion of the tab, drilling a hole into the remaining
      portion of the tab and screwing it into the throttle housing. You
      need to use a short screw so it doesn't go thru the housing and
      interfere with the throttle wrap.

      Worked like a charm and IMO, looks pretty clean. I got it with a
      set of Johar grips from Chaparral in 2 days for $28.00 to my door.

      As far as the trip around the Gaspian Peninsula....died and went to
      motorcycle heaven. I'll share that trip with you as soon as I
      realize it wasn't a dream.

      Tony D. '01 1200 (please don't wake me)
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Tony D." <dagostino5@v...> wrote:
        > I just returned from a 1600+ mile in four day trip from Boston to
        > Gaspe, Canada.
        > As far as the trip around the Gaspian Peninsula....died and went to
        > motorcycle heaven. I'll share that trip with you as soon as I
        > realize it wasn't a dream.
        >
        > Tony D. '01 1200 (please don't wake me)

        Tony,
        I am feeling VERY, VERY, JEALOUS right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Glad all went well and please do inform us of your adventure when you
        awaken.
        Tom
      • barry schmidt
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
          Tom I am planning to do that trip myself next summer I will be very interested to hear about it. I live in NE PA . and planed to go up through Quebec city and around. What rout did you take ? SMITTY
          > I just returned from a 1600+ mile in four day trip from Boston to
          > Gaspe, Canada.
          > As far as the trip around the Gaspian Peninsula....died and went to
          > motorcycle heaven. I'll share that trip with you as soon as I
          > realize it wasn't a dream.
          >
          > Tony D. '01 1200 (please don't wake me)

          Tony,
          I am feeling VERY, VERY, JEALOUS right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Glad all went well and please do inform us of your adventure when you
          awaken.
          Tom

          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

          FAQs: