Re: fuel costs

  • Grant Marshall
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2005
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Clark" <apsllp@b...>
      wrote:
      > I drove the PC-800 to work today. Filled it up, 1.5 gallons or
      Regular
      > unleaded was near $5.00

      I drove the Triumph to work today. Gas was 1.33.9 a litre for hi
      test. There are 4.2 litres in a U.S. gallon I think which works out
      to $5.62 a gallon.

      I put $24 in the tank. The attendant was impressed.

      One of my sons friends was over tonight. His buddy has a Hummer.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's all I have to say about that.

      I'm thinking there will be a lot of SUV's / trucks available at great
      prices this fall.

      Grant.
      98 bbb (Evil Eye)
    • Jamie Town
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2005
        I filled up today at $3.22/gallon. Cost me $18 and change. With my new
        commute, that'll last me about 3 days. :P I'm thinking of taking the
        bus. More because I hate putting >1200 miles a month on the Trophy just
        going to work and back than the cost of gas.

        Jamie
      • Grant Marshall
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 3, 2005
          >> I'm thinking of taking the
          > bus. More because I hate putting >1200 miles a month on the Trophy
          just
          > going to work and back than the cost of gas.
          >
          > Jamie

          The trip on the bus means you can read or space out. I find the ride
          is a pleasure though. It starts the day right.

          Grant
          98 bbb (Evil Eye)
        • russ
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2005
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Town <jtown@c...> wrote:
            > I filled up today at $3.22/gallon. Cost me $18 and change.

            just got back from Europe after a 2000 mile trip. Was paying Over
            £1.00 a litre for petrol in France!!!!!

            only problem with bike was bracket for cut out switch on side stand
            broke off.

            Saw LOTS of WWII battle sites, and can only wonder how those guys did
            it.

            Ride With Pride

            russ nurse
          • shodan64
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 10, 2005
              My 1999 fuel gauge started getting erratic and finally died last year
              (2004). It ended up being the wire connector under the gas tank
              became loose. Unbolt the two screws holding the tank in place and
              check the wiring for a loose clip.

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@h...> wrote:
              > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Tony D." <dagostino5@v...>
              > wrote:
              > > After 26K faithful miles my fuel gage went a bit crazy by
              swinging
              > the
              > > needle between E & F before giving up the ghost (now burried on
              E).

              > > I know there are some posts regarding faulty fuel sending units
              > and/or
              > > gages but I have some difficulty locating them so if anyone has
              any
              > > ideas for trouble shooting and repair
              >
              > I missed this post because I was in Denmark. I have repaired my
              fuel
              > gauge sender unit. I did it a few years ago now, and it still
              works!
              > The problem is that the unit is open, and submerged in petrol
              within
              > the tank, and the resin used to bond everything together
              deteriorates
              > in time, and is no more than a sticky mess after a few years. I
              > removed the fuel tank, then removed the sender unit by undoing the
              > four screws holding it in place. (Location is near the rear of the
              > tank).
              >
              > Although the manual says replace the gasket, I re-used it without a
              > problem.
              >
              > You will see the resistance wires, and it is probable (like mine)
              that
              > a wire has snapped going from the windings to a terminal. Mine was
              > still long enough to reach the terminal, where I re-soldered it.
              >
              > Guess I should say at his point that you need to be aware of the
              > dangers of fuel vapours, but hell, if you're that stupid you will
              only
              > kill yourself some other way anyhow 8:)
              >
              > After I re-soldered it, I couldn't find any overpriced Triumph
              brand
              > quick dissolve resin 8:), so I picked up my 2-part Araldite resin
              > tubes where it prudly displayed 'petrol resistant' in the small
              print.

              > I applied the resin over my repair and stuck it back into the tank.
              As