First March Ride

  • Neil Dolson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      Well, I took my "new" Trophy out for it's first real run this aft and loved it! Was out touring bike shops in London this morning and realised that the weather was ALOT better than had been forcast. Soon as I was home I went out with a buddy who was shaking down his "new" '97 Wing.

      The Trophy was a dream! Very quick and responsive. We didn't go far (30 kms)
      butt I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I do believe this bike is gonna be just fine for everything I have planned for this summer.

      When I got back I told my Mrs that there was only one thing wrong............we didn't go far enough!

      I declare spring officially here in southern Ontario!

      *BIG toothy grin!*

      GO AS FAR AS YOU CAN SEE...THEN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE FURTHER

      Neil Dolson
      Norwich ON GWN
      '96 Trophy 1200 BRG Sit & Twist
      '86 VT1100 (for sale)
      SS 1000
      IBA #7423
    • BWG3COY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
        In a message dated 03/03/2001 21:15:30 GMT Standard Time, neilyd@...
        writes:

        << Well, I took my "new" Trophy out for it's first real run this aft and
        loved it! Was out touring bike shops in London this morning and realised
        that the weather was ALOT better than had been forcast. >>

        I also took the Trophy out for its first March run. Like Up to North Wales.
        M1 was a traffic jam all the way to my turn off at Stoke on Trent. It was a
        blizzard from Northampton to Leicester, nearly turned back! then the sun came
        out. Started to get dark from Nantwich to Wrexham but the temperature dropped
        to 10 below. Luckily the roads had been gritted up in the mountains but it
        was that cold that where the salt had started to melt the snow the water was
        icing up into the road. It got just too cold to continue at that temperature
        and the night was setting in. I finally gave up at Betws y Coed and we
        stopped over night at a hotel. Where there was a party in progress. It was
        the bikers from the local meet. It appears the Bikers Cafe has lost its lease
        and has had to close, but we were made very welcome. Next morning the scene
        was breathtaking!! It was as if I were in Austria, as I went through
        Llanberis Pass Snowden and all the other mountains were covered in snow!
        Something we were told that was unusual by the locals!! Fabulous! We
        continued onto Portmadoc on finally Nevyn nearly 300 miles. Very cold but
        worth it.

        <A HREF="http://homestead.com/AnnJohnBonnewell/start.html">
        Http://homestead.com/AnnJohnBonnewell/start.html</A>
        Reidio y Balcher
        John Bonnewell Lloegr II