Need CDI/Black Box unit for 1995 1200

  • Garland Arnett, Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
      Well, it's been 2 weeks since the Trophy last ran. Final diagnosis
      seems to be the little black box has given up the ghost. I need a
      replacement. Anyone know where I can get one? (I know call a dealer)
      Does anyone know of a dealer in the USA or Canada that may actually
      have one? Is there one available in North America? I ask these
      questions as the bike is 10 years old and don't know if the black box
      was changed for the '96 on models or not. If it was changed, then
      Triumph would no longer be under a duty to have spares as it has been
      over 8 years since last sold new. Just trying to see how hard it is
      going to be to get this part.

      Gar Arnett, Jr.
      1995 BRG 1200 (needing a new CDI/black box)
      The Hillbilly Nation
    • Chris Tate
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Garland Arnett, Jr."
        <garlandarnett@h...> wrote:
        > Well, it's been 2 weeks since the Trophy last ran. Final diagnosis
        > seems to be the little black box has given up the ghost. I need a
        > replacement. Anyone know where I can get one? (I know call a dealer)

        Hi

        There's one on ebay uk right now - item 7991026477 - I know
        you're "over there", but it might be worth a try - email him? 3 days
        to go, no bids £29.

        Chris
      • Garland Arnett, Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2005
          > Hi
          >
          > There's one on ebay uk right now - item 7991026477 - I know
          > you're "over there", but it might be worth a try - email him? 3 days
          > to go, no bids £29.
          >
          > Chris

          Thanks Chris. I just sent him a question through ebay. Cost on getting
          a new one is $663.89 US. His is under $55 US right now, with no bids.
          I guess now I'll wait before I order one here to see if I can get that
          one from the U.K.

          Gar Arnett, Jr.
          1995 BRG 1200
          The Hillbilly Nation