which seat, corbin? russell?

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
      I'm trying to decide what to do about my stock seat. I definitely want to get
      more comfortable, I saw the recent threads on the lambskin. I also looked at
      the corbin and russelll seats in the files. What is really gonna give me the best
      upgrade incomfort? Russell looks awlful comfortable in pics. Are any of the
      seats much of an upgrade from stock? I only want to buy once. Thanks in
      advance for your help.

      Sean Greene
      2003 Graphite Grey
      Cape Cod, MA
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 31, 2005
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <greene.sean@c...> wrote:
        > I'm trying to decide what to do about my stock seat. I definitely
        want to get
        > more comfortable, I saw the recent threads on the lambskin. I also
        looked at
        > the corbin and russelll seats in the files. What is really gonna
        give me the best
        > upgrade incomfort? Russell looks awlful comfortable in pics. Are any
        of the
        > seats much of an upgrade from stock? I only want to buy once. Thanks in
        > advance for your help.
        >
        > Sean Greene
        > 2003 Graphite Grey
        > Cape Cod, MA

        Sean,
        Most long distance rides swear by the Russell's, the guy who
        developed them is the father of Rick Mayer and Bill Mayer. Both of
        them make custom seat and most of the Trophy riders agree Rick is the
        preferred seat builder. One thing though, if the rider weighs more
        than 250-275lbs, a Russell with the patented spring system is the
        "ONLY" way to go.
        Tom D.
      • Grant Marshall
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2005
          Hi Sean.

          I got a Corbin when I bought my Trophy second hand. It's not a
          touring seat. It's firm and I consider it more a sports than touring
          seat. It's not gel. I throw a gel pad and sheepskin on for longer
          rides. It is shaped well though and doesn't put pressure in unwanted
          places and I hear the stock seats can be nasty.

          I've got the leather model and have had no issues with wear. The one
          thing is leather needs treatment every so often to stay pliable. I
          have the model with the backrest and wouldn't have payed the bucks
          required if it wasn't already part of the bike when I bought it.

          Grant.
          900 bbb (Evil Eye)

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <greene.sean@c...> wrote:
          > I'm trying to decide what to do about my stock seat. I definitely
          want to get
          > more comfortable, I saw the recent threads on the lambskin. I also
          looked at
          > the corbin and russelll seats in the files. What is really gonna
          give me the best
          > upgrade incomfort? Russell looks awlful comfortable in pics. Are
          any of the
          > seats much of an upgrade from stock? I only want to buy once.
          Thanks in
          > advance for your help.
          >
          > Sean Greene
          > 2003 Graphite Grey
          > Cape Cod, MA
        • Richard Cortezzo
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2005
            Grant: where do you get a gel pad. Rich 1998 Sprint

            --- Grant Marshall <pi_lover2000@...> wrote:

            > Hi Sean.
            >
            > I got a Corbin when I bought my Trophy second hand.
            > It's not a
            > touring seat. It's firm and I consider it more a
            > sports than touring
            > seat. It's not gel. I throw a gel pad and
            > sheepskin on for longer
            > rides. It is shaped well though and doesn't put
            > pressure in unwanted
            > places and I hear the stock seats can be nasty.
            >
            > I've got the leather model and have had no issues
            > with wear. The one
            > thing is leather needs treatment every so often to
            > stay pliable. I
            > have the model with the backrest and wouldn't have
            > payed the bucks
            > required if it wasn't already part of the bike when
            > I bought it.
            >
            > Grant.
            > 900 bbb (Evil Eye)
            >
            > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Sean"
            > <greene.sean@c...> wrote:
            > > I'm trying to decide what to do about my stock
            > seat. I definitely
            > want to get
            > > more comfortable, I saw the recent threads on the
            > lambskin. I also
            > looked at
            > > the corbin and russelll seats in the files. What
            > is really gonna
            > give me the best
            > > upgrade incomfort? Russell looks awlful
            > comfortable in pics. Are
            > any of the
            > > seats much of an upgrade from stock? I only want
            > to buy once.
            > Thanks in
            > > advance for your help.
            > >
            > > Sean Greene
            > > 2003 Graphite Grey
            > > Cape Cod, MA

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Grant Marshall
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
              Hi Rich.

              I made my gel pad for the seat. I went to a horse shop to pick up
              conditioner for the leather on the Corbin and they have gel pads for
              horse saddles. Picked up a thin one and cut it for shape. My wife
              made a vinyl pocket to fit it in. We cut up an old sheepskin coat to
              put on top.

              It doesn't look great but you can ride a long time and not get sore
              which is what I wanted.

              Grant.
              98 bbb (Evil Eye)

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cortezzo
              <rscortezzo@y...> wrote:
              > Grant: where do you get a gel pad. Rich 1998 Sprint

            • Phil Smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2005
                http://store.azmusa.com/56-4800.html

                Various sizes

                Other stores carry them like Chaparal
                http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/assets/html/homepage.asp?
                URLCheck=1
                Chapparal Motorsports, 555 S. H Street, San Bernardino, California
                92410

                phil

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
                  Phil: Thanks for the link ordered one. Thanks again.
                  Rich
                  1998 Sprint Exe

                  --- Phil Smith <pjsmithres@...> wrote:

                  > http://store.azmusa.com/56-4800.html
                  >

                  > Various sizes
                  >
                  > Other stores carry them like Chaparal

                  http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/assets/html/homepage.asp?
                  > URLCheck=1
                  > Chapparal Motorsports, 555 S. H Street, San
                  > Bernardino, California
                  > 92410
                  >

                  > phil
                  >
                  > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Richard
                  > Cortezzo
                  >
                  > > > Grant: where do you get a gel pad. Rich 1998
                  > Sprint

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Richard Cortezzo
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2005
                    Grant: thanks for the reply, what you did was a great
                    idea.

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs