Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: helmet cost

  • deweyb@orandelphi.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      Ya, My N100 Classic with the opening face is the way to go.....

      <<Brian>>

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        Gents,
        I have some info to offer with regards to helmet materials.
        Basically, "most" lower price helmet are injection molded using
        several types of plastic material like Lexan etc. The true composite
        helmets for most every instance, is "Hand laid up" which drive up the
        cost regardless of what country is comes from. It has gotten to the
        point that can be profile the aerospace industry technology with the
        technology used to build an Aria or Shoei helmet! This is a very good
        thing for us end users because we get a lot of head protection for a
        relatively fair price.
        I own a Shoei and an Arai helmet, both have always served me
        well and I will replace one this year and the other with in two years
        so I will always have a second helmet, and both of them will be up to
        date with the SNELL rated five year limit.
        Tom D.
        PS: I generally start a helmet fund a year in advance so when it is
        time the cost is "almost" painless!!!!!!!!!!

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jim schisler"
        <j.schisler@c...> wrote:
        > I have a few helmets. The helmet that cost me the most was not
        necessarily
        > for safety reasons but for long distance riding comfort. I learned
        that
        > lesson the hard way.
        > I don't know what the difference in hitting my head on the pavement
        with a
        > $150 vs. $450 helmet would be. -jims
        >
        > > Norman Bunn wrote:
        > >
        > > ><SNIP>
        > > >My philosophy is you should buy a helmet based on the value you
        place on
        > > >your head. No helmet, no value. Cheap plastic, cheap value.
        Snell/DOT