Front Fender Needed

  • Tom Witt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
      During a tour of PA-WV-VA-MD this past weekend, I managed to stuff a
      99 Triumph Trophy up the ass of a Blue Bird. We were both going in the
      same direction, but he wasn't travelling near fast enough. I was doing
      about 120. It split my front fender right down the center. The bird
      wasn't so lucky and was completed vaporized. I still have small chunks
      of meat and feathers scattered all over the bike.

      So... I could really use a front fender, Doesn't have to be perfect,
      but prefer cheap.<G>

      Tom (SW Ohio)
    • Andrew Bell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
        Just stay away from Whomping Willows, OK?

        During a tour of PA-WV-VA-MD this past weekend, I managed to stuff a
        99 Triumph Trophy up the ass of a Blue Bird. We were both going in the
        same direction, but he wasn't travelling near fast enough. I was doing
        about 120. It split my front fender right down the center. The bird
        wasn't so lucky and was completed vaporized. I still have small chunks
        of meat and feathers scattered all over the bike.

        So... I could really use a front fender, Doesn't have to be perfect,
        but prefer cheap.<G>

        Tom (SW Ohio)

        Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
        are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
        the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

        FAQs:
        href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_Py
        LZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Fred Teifeld
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
          Is that anything akin to pulling a hat out of a rabbit?

          -Fred
          Chicago
          '02 1200 Envy Green.

          Tom Witt wrote:

          >During a tour of PA-WV-VA-MD this past weekend, I managed to stuff a
          >99 Triumph Trophy up the ass of a Blue Bird. We were both going in the
          >same direction, but he wasn't travelling near fast enough. I was doing
          >about 120. It split my front fender right down the center. The bird
          >wasn't so lucky and was completed vaporized. I still have small chunks
          >of meat and feathers scattered all over the bike.
          >
          >So... I could really use a front fender, Doesn't have to be perfect,
          >but prefer cheap.<G>
          >
          >Tom (SW Ohio)

        • Tom Witt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 5, 2005
            Well... I guess it WAS a magic trick, because the bird disappeared. It
            was actually somewhat of a bizzare experience for me. I've hit birds
            (and other small animals and big bugs) before, but not at those kinda
            speeds.

            I think I might just try to glue my front fender back together. It
            doesn't LOOK too bad, and I'm more concerned with function rather than
            form at this point anyway.

            Tom

            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Fred Teifeld <thunder7@p...> wrote:
            > Is that anything akin to pulling a hat out of a rabbit?
            >
            > -Fred
            > Chicago
            > '02 1200 Envy Green.
          • Tom Witt