Re: [TriumphTrophy] Front Drive sprocket

  • Steve Warren
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      I think the easy way to tell how big a job it will be is whether or not
      the bike has a dipstick. On the models with a dipstick (like my '97)
      replacing the front sprocket is much more involved.

      Steve Warren Hattiesburg MS
      DL650 VStrom
      900 Trophy

      xs1100g wrote:

      >What year bike? On my 2000 the slave cylinder stays on, just remove the two
      >outer (long) bolts and leave the center one untouched. The bolt under the
      >shift linkage can be wiggled by the linkage, if you push it down into gear
      >and hold it there, I just did this last night as I am putting new sprockets
      >on.
      >

      >Gary

    • Ben
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, BWG3COY@a... wrote:
        > Just been checking the manual on replace the drive train. Seems one
        hell of a
        > job.

        I just finished the job last month. Not as hard as it looks at all.
        Only thing I got to say is remember to put it all back in the same
        order you took it apart. If you don't you will end up taking it back
        apart. It is all done in layers and some over lap. Heck one might
        even have to take some of the parts back off three times to get the
        order right. Not to mention if you are one click off on the shifting
        lever it all comes back off to put it right. Even marked it and still
        got it off one?? Good luck
      • BWG3COY@aol.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
            trophy900@... writes:

            I think the easy way to tell how big a job it will be is whether or not
            the bike has a dipstick. On the models with a dipstick (like my '97)
            replacing the front sprocket is much more involved.

            Steve Warren Hattiesburg MS
            DL650 VStrom
            900 Trophy

            Mine has a dipstick

            Cofion (regards in Welsh) from Blue Knights Wales 1
            Reidio Y Balchda. John Bonnewell Secretary. _Blue Knights Wales 1_
            (http://www.bkwales1.co.uk/)

          • lgl12356
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2005
              Haven't done the job (yet), but also seems like there's
              a strong recommendation to get a new seal for the shifter
              hole.