Re: Rear Wheel Jiggle?

  • AJ Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "John Parmer" <johnparmer@...>

      > Is float British for jiggle?

      "Float" is a common term on BOTH sides of the pond when referring to
      bearings. Normally, they refer to 'bearing end float' on American cars,
      etc....

      AJ Turner
      '96 Merlot BBBB
      '69 650 Tiger
    • John Parmer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Thanks Gary. Apparently your message re: wheel bearing part no. has
        been deleted, but I've pulled my wheel and plan to replace the
        bearings. The "float" would also explain why my rear brake disk has
        been hot. I thought it was a sticking caliper piston, but a wobbling
        rear wheel could cause friction between the pads and disk.