Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re:Scenic route ideas between VA and Niagara Falls

  • Alex Diaz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but haven't had time to read list
      email for some time--I've got over 2,800 unread messages in here!
      Anyway, thank you for the phone offer, and thank you and the other
      fellow for the route suggestions. It looks as though right now we're
      going to take a route that's further east in PA, so won't ask for your
      contact info now, but will try to incorporate some of the roads on the
      other note.

      Likewise, anybody coming through Northern Virginia anytime is welcome to
      my contact info for any assistance I can provide!

      Alex Diaz
      '00 Trophy 900
      Fairfax, VA

      AJ Turner wrote:

      > Well, if you want to stay away from the Interstates, then you can
      > pick-up US
      > Route 19 down in West Virginia and take it all the way to Erie, PA. It
      > roughly follows I-79 just a few miles to the West of it, so you can hop
      > over to I-79 if it gets too tedious and you'd have the motels and service
      > stations along there in case of any breakdowns. From Erie, it's a
      > short hop
      > up to Buffalo and Niagara Falls. Rt 19 is also known as Perry Highway -
      > named after Admiral Perry from the War of 1812.

      <SNIP>
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2005
        Alex,
        Stop at following diner (if in the area) for an excellent
        meal and a passage back to the time of Rock & Roll. This place has
        all kinds of memorabilia tack up on the wall, which makes you feel
        like you are living in the years of the 1950's & 1960's. When you are
        entering the town from the West on RT 120, it is on your first or
        second left
        Tom D.

        Yesterday's
        Hotel & Restaurant