Re: Digest Number 2882

  • taylorrguk
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2005
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Beardg@a... wrote:

      will a 180/55 17 fit on the rear of my 96 Trophy?

      > Yes.

      BUT - depending on the make/type, it may rub on the chainguard. You
      can either remove the wheel and cut a little notch in the plastic
      guard, or spin the wheel whilst holding an angle grinder against the
      ridge on the side of the tyre.
      I've just removed a worn out 180 width and gone back to a 170. Turn-in
      & cornering feel much better, even allowing for the fact the 180 was
      well squared off.

      Richard T.