Re: Tight chain causing This Rough ride thing!?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31, 2005
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Koken" <phil@k...> wrote:
      > Paint Trophy Platinum if not already this color...
      >
      > Problems solved!

      LOL!!!!!
    • Phillip Koken
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
        Yesterday I rode my Trophy for the last time. It was difficult to say
        goodbye to the bike that served me so well over thousands of miles... More
        difficult still is saying goodbye to all of the fine folks here on the
        Triumph Trophy mailing list, people who have helped me through a lot (and
        absorbed their fair share of my bad sense of humor).

        I determined a few months ago that I really needed a new bike, and a recent
        opportunity caused me to jump to take advantage of it~ Honestly, my riding
        style is changing and the Trophy 1200 is becoming less of the "Right Bike"
        for me- I will point out at this point that my BRAND NEW BIKE is also a
        color VERY similar to Platinum, so I know that is fast~ After a test ride I
        am quite sure is faster than the Trophy, plus a lot more practical for me.

        You will still find me online (of course) dispensing my own weird forms of
        advice, but I will no longer be here in the Triumph Group, but rather over
        at http://www.concours.org/ discussing my brand new 2005 Concours!

        For anyone who wishes to purchase my former Trophy (in all it's glory) you
        can find it for sale at Bike World here in Silicon Valley- I still have a
        few spares around that I will be selling / giving away to list members as I
        find them in garage. I have a service manual, a Haynes manual and some other
        goodies...

        Phillip Koken
        http://www.koken.org/
        Sunnyvale, California

        AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@...
        YM: philkoken ICQ: 456807
      • Richard (Rick) MacPherson
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
          Phil,

          Sorry to hear your leaving for greener pastures. Enjoyed your comments,
          however you will be missed.

          Rick MacPherson, alias b25bsaboy
[...]

          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments
          are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of
          the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

          FAQs:
          href="http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EDVOP5EPHnljXq-9iPCgjGwUdHUKzLwAMeBqkZ_
          PyLZhp2iPfOi177Vmc8AvZ9UippkWqnCAy9FpHH6L/ALL_FAQ/FAQ.html"><font

        • Phil Smith
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
            Ed will have a hard time with this.

            phil

            > Yesterday I rode my Trophy for the last time. It was difficult to say
            > goodbye to the bike that served me so well over thousands of
            miles... More
            > difficult still is saying goodbye to all of the fine folks here on
            the
            > Triumph Trophy mailing list, people who have helped me through a lot
            (and
            > absorbed their fair share of my bad sense of humor).
            >
            > Phillip Koken
            > http://www.koken.org/
            > Sunnyvale, California
            >
            > AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@k...
            > YM: philkoken ICQ: 456807
          • Phil Smith
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
              Quick call the medic and medicate me.

              After a test ride I
              > am quite sure is faster than the Trophy, plus a lot more practical
              for me.
              > > For anyone who wishes to purchase my former Trophy (in all it's
              glory) you
              > can find it for sale at Bike World here in Silicon Valley-
            • John Elliott
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                snip

                Phil,

                Sorry to see you go. Dang, never thought that you would be leaving you Trophy for another ride. Must be a nice bike.

                All the best,

                John Elliott, 95, BRG, BBBB

                Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

                FAQs:

              • Abel Rivera
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                  Phil

                  your Trophy was the bike that actually helped me in making the
                  decision to get a Trophy, just wish that was the bike that was
                  actually on Ebay when I saw it.

                  Your comments and humor will certainly be missed, although I do not
                  post frequently, I read very often. Good luck with the Kaw !

                  I'll ask, is the service manual from Triumph better than that from
                  Haynes, I know factory manuals are typically better, but some have
                  info rarely used by the garage mechanic.

                  Either way, I would be interested.

                  Abel

                  > Phillip Koken
                  > http://www.koken.org/
                  > Sunnyvale, California
                  >
                  > AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@k...
                  > YM: philkoken ICQ: 456807
                • Tom
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip Koken" <phil@k...> wrote:
                    > Yesterday I rode my Trophy for the last time.
                    > You will still find me online (of course) dispensing my own weird
                    forms of
                    > advice, but I will no longer be here in the Triumph Group,
                    > Phillip Koken
                    > http://www.koken.org/
                    > Sunnyvale, California
                    >
                    > AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@k...
                    > YM: philkoken ICQ: 456807

                    Phil,
                    You will be greatly missed by me and I am sure many of us whom
                    have be enlightened by you. Please enjoy your new ride, it you enjoy it
                    half as much as the Trophy you will keep smiling for a long time!!!
                    Best Regards
                    Tom D.
                    PS: Think what you must, but I would think once more about your
                    statement of performance!!!!!!!!!
                  • Phillip Koken
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                      > I'll ask, is the service manual from Triumph better than that from
                      > Haynes, I know factory manuals are typically better, but some have
                      > info rarely used by the garage mechanic.

                      Abel, I have both manuals for the Trophy and find that I often refer to both
                      as one will have information that the other overlooks- Thanks for the kind
                      words about my bike inspiring you to buy a Trophy, they are great bikes...

                      APRIL FOOLS! I cannot believe people would believe I would trade the Trophy
                      for a CONCOURS?!?!? APRIL FOOLS!

                      I still have my Trophy :)

                      Phillip Koken
                      http://www.koken.org/
                      Sunnyvale, California

                      AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@...
                      YIM: philkoken ICQ: 456807
                    • John Elliott
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                        Doh!
                        Damn, I swallowed that one whole. Really had me thinking about a concours...could it be that good to pull Phil K away? Geeez... I should have known.

                        Good to see it was just a gag. (note to self: I owe Phil K. one bad april fools joke)

                        Now, back to bikes.
                        John E.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                          wrote:
                          > > I'll ask, is the service manual from Triumph better than that
                          from
                          > > Haynes, I know factory manuals are typically better, but some
                          have
                          > > info rarely used by the garage mechanic.
                          >
                          > Abel, I have both manuals for the Trophy and find that I often
                          refer to both
                          > as one will have information that the other overlooks- Thanks for
                          the kind
                          > words about my bike inspiring you to buy a Trophy, they are great
                          bikes...

                          > APRIL FOOLS! I cannot believe people would believe I would trade
                          the Trophy
                          > for a CONCOURS?!?!? APRIL FOOLS!
                          >
                          > I still have my Trophy :)
                          >
                          > Phillip Koken
                          > http://www.koken.org/
                          > Sunnyvale, California

                          What the F_ _K,
                          We've been "HAD", let's all go to Sunny California and give Phil
                          a big blanket party!!!!!!!!! Hey just another reason to take a long
                          ride!
                          Tom D.
                          1999 BRG BBBB
                          in CT.
                        • Abel Rivera
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                            I am humbled by your cleverness, ( or embarrased by my stupidity ).

                            Being nice, I did not want to mention anything negative about the
                            Concours, last one I rode was 4 years ago and it sucked! But hey,
                            improvements can be made.

                            In the immortal words of Wayne and Garth:

                            "We're not worthy!"
                            "We're not worthy!"

                            AR

                          • Dmollington@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 1, 2005
                              LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              You had me going!!!
                              I only joined this group a few weeks ago but already I look forward to your
                              latest contribution each time I log on.
                              Welcome back!!!
                              Cheers, Dave M. BBBS ;-)

                            • BWG3COY@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 2, 2005
                                Phil
                                I am really sorry to see you go mate. I have enjoyed you sense of humour and
                                you help. I hope they leave your files up.
                                What bike have you replaced your illustrious Trophy with?

                                Cofion Welsh meaning Regards Reidio y balchder Ride with Pride

                                John Bonnewell Secretary Blue Knights Wales 1 _Blue Knights Wales 1 _
                                (http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm)

                              • Ed K
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 2, 2005
                                  > APRIL FOOLS! I cannot believe people would believe I
                                  > would trade the Trophy
                                  > for a CONCOURS?!?!? APRIL FOOLS!
                                  >
                                  > I still have my Trophy :)
                                  >
                                  > Phillip Koken

                                  Thank Goodness Phil!!! I was sitting here scratching
                                  my head, thinking Concours faster than the Trophy?
                                  Heck that old girl has been around since the 80's.
                                  Glad it was your quirky sense of humor.

                                  "It is NOT how much you HAVE, but how much you ENJOY that makes Happiness"

                                  Ed R. Krippel
                                  '97 Triumph Trophy 1200 Merlot
                                  '80 Yamaha XS850 SG

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Grant Marshall
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 4, 2005
                                    Phil replaced his bike with a beautiful black Aprilla, the Fools Joke
                                    model with the bikini fairing.

                                    Grant
                                    98 bbb (Evil Eye)

                                  • macprj@telusplanet.net
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 4, 2005
                                      Was the bikini a silky red one with tiny strings?

                                      If so, that's what some of out faces looked like after we realized the April
                                      Fool's joke.