Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Humor - How to change the airfilter in your Trophy

  • BWG3COY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
      jmormerod@... writes:

      This is OBVIOUSLY a joke- you don't have to remove the forks to
      change the
      > air filter... Everything else stands :)

      Phil
      I was looking forward to something special, Its just a picture of your bike
      without the fairing. The filter box is still in place?
      I too have had a problem getting this 'Mother ******' out. And the other
      thing is it will only take a triumph element. Be brilliant if I could fit a K&N.
      What about power K&Ns sticking out through the side fairings??? lol!

      Cofion Welsh meaning Regards Reidio y balchder Ride with Pride

      John Bonnewell Secretary Blue Knights Wales 1 _Blue Knights Wales 1 _
      (http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm)

    • Phillip Koken
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
        The airbox is a tuned plenum, so you don't want to swap it with K&N pod
        filters-

        HOWEVER you COULD remove the airfilter element altogether and seal the
        plenum permanently, then use standard K&N or reticulated foam pod filters on
        the ends of the snorkels- this wouldn't change plenum volume (good!) but
        might decrease the filter surface area (bad!)... Some quick math could solve
        the issue, but I'm lazy :)

        Phillip Koken
        http://www.koken.org/
        Sunnyvale, California

        AIM: philkoken MSN: phil@...
        YIM: philkoken ICQ: 456807
      • J .Mick. Ormerod
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
          Be brilliant if I could fit a K&N.
          > What about power K&Ns sticking out through the side fairings??? lol!
          >

          > Cofion Welsh meaning Regards Reidio y balchder Ride with Pride
          >
          > John Bonnewell Secretary Blue Knights Wales 1 _Blue Knights Wales 1 _
          > (http://www.bkwales1.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm)

          John, you can fit a K&N. Have a look in FAQs. I just washed and re
          oiled mine, then put a small amount of silicone sealer round the air
          box before re assembly, should be ok for another 25000 miles;0)

          Mick,Lancs,UK.
          2001 AZURE BLUE BBBB.
        • BWG3COY@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            jmormerod@... writes:

            John, you can fit a K&N. Have a look in FAQs. I just washed and re
            oiled mine, then put a small amount of silicone sealer round the air
            box before re assembly, should be ok for another 25000 miles;0)

            Mick,Lancs,UK.
            2001 AZURE BLUE BBBB.

            Thanks Mick
            Lancs huh, my wife comes from leyland. I see a meet coming on, even a
            Rossendale Trophy contingent : )