Re: [TriumphTrophy] ENGINE HEAT-CHAIN-SEAT

  • neil lester
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
      HI doug its a lot of crap about the chain as others have said its a peice of
      cake. As far as the heat goes i have a 900 and it gets a little hot but
      nothing to be concerned about im ridding this weekend to a rally about 5hrs
      away and the temp is tipped to be 35+ last year it was around 38+and i was
      know hotter than my mate on his harley i don't think its a big deal i have
      not changed my seat and have 55000ks up touring i have heard that getting
      the seat redone with a heavy vinyl helps ?? and at the same time you could
      have it made to fit you jewels im sure it does not matter what bike it is a
      seat is a seat and you need to fix it to your but as we are all not the same
      i have a big one and 61 yrs with all the complaints and i love the 900 and
      at times tow a trailer with now problems and sit on 150ks hr at times with
      it.P/S AND ITS THE TRIUMPH RALLY IN MYRTLEFORD VIC AUSTRALIA
    • Bruce Carter
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        I live in West Texas and ride in the summer when it is always 95-105
        degrees. Yes it is hot but it is hot on any bike at that temperature. If
        you are used to riding an unfaired bike then you will definitely "feel"
        hotter because you do not get as much air circulating around you. Buy the
        foot spoilers for the Trophy. Soak your T-shirt like you would anyway and
        ride that sucker. Mine does not seem to mind the heat but I am religious
        about changing the oil every 3,000 miles. I have not noticed any
        sterilization but then again my wife and I are not in the kid market.
        Kidding aside, if it is a 100 out then the pavement is about 140 degrees.
        It is hot to be on a bike, but then again, I ride because it makes me feel
        like a kid.

        Chain-not true on the 99's. It does help to remove the hard bags though,
        makes it easier to work on and easier to see.

        Seat- I hated my original seat but others get on fine with them. I did not
        notice a downward slope but more of a "U" shape that had me sitting on my
        crotch, not my butt. I bought a Corbin and am happy with it.

        Bruce