Re: [TriumphTrophy] ENGINE HEAT-CHAIN-SEAT

  • ynotfixit
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31 8:44 PM
      ----- Original Message -----
      > > Chain - it also stated the muffler needs to be removed to adjust the
      > > chain, is that true?

      > Not true you only need to remove the bags

      If you have a tool made to fit the hex then it can be done with the bags in
      place. All that's needed is an Allen hex of the right size welded to a flat
      piece of bar stock to move the eccentric. I also welded another stub of an
      Allen key, that fits the locking bolt, to the other end so the whole tool
      does both jobs. It's easy to carry and makes the adjustment job into a five
      minute chore. It's more than is needed though, as the chain only needs
      adjustment two or three times during it's lifetime [14-18,000+ miles].
      HTH,

      Tony Angco
      http://ynotfix.homestead.com/products.html
      ynot.fix@...
      The best advice as always is
      don't exceed your experience level
      when working with hazardous equipment.
      http://www.ynotfixit.com
    • neil lester
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        HI doug its a lot of crap about the chain as others have said its a peice of
        cake. As far as the heat goes i have a 900 and it gets a little hot but
        nothing to be concerned about im ridding this weekend to a rally about 5hrs
        away and the temp is tipped to be 35+ last year it was around 38+and i was
        know hotter than my mate on his harley i don't think its a big deal i have
        not changed my seat and have 55000ks up touring i have heard that getting
        the seat redone with a heavy vinyl helps ?? and at the same time you could
        have it made to fit you jewels im sure it does not matter what bike it is a
        seat is a seat and you need to fix it to your but as we are all not the same
        i have a big one and 61 yrs with all the complaints and i love the 900 and
        at times tow a trailer with now problems and sit on 150ks hr at times with
        it.P/S AND ITS THE TRIUMPH RALLY IN MYRTLEFORD VIC AUSTRALIA
      • Bruce Carter
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          I live in West Texas and ride in the summer when it is always 95-105
          degrees. Yes it is hot but it is hot on any bike at that temperature. If
          you are used to riding an unfaired bike then you will definitely "feel"
          hotter because you do not get as much air circulating around you. Buy the
          foot spoilers for the Trophy. Soak your T-shirt like you would anyway and
          ride that sucker. Mine does not seem to mind the heat but I am religious
          about changing the oil every 3,000 miles. I have not noticed any
          sterilization but then again my wife and I are not in the kid market.
          Kidding aside, if it is a 100 out then the pavement is about 140 degrees.
          It is hot to be on a bike, but then again, I ride because it makes me feel
          like a kid.

          Chain-not true on the 99's. It does help to remove the hard bags though,
          makes it easier to work on and easier to see.

          Seat- I hated my original seat but others get on fine with them. I did not
          notice a downward slope but more of a "U" shape that had me sitting on my
          crotch, not my butt. I bought a Corbin and am happy with it.

          Bruce