Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: No power to coil

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
      Oh, well allow me to prove my ignoance LOL - the actual problem was all four cyls. are not hitting - so I jumped on what I thought was a good reason - let me recheck...
      Thanx for the response
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <larry_dye@h...> wrote:
        > I seem to have no power going to my "2,3" coil (the one on the
        throttle side). The other one "1,4" reads 12+ volts when the key is on
        but the "2,3" reads a big fat ZERO.
        > Anyhow before I start tearing things apart would there be a place I
        should check first?

        Hi Larry,

        There should certainly be +12V on both coils with the ignition on.
        In fact all four primary connections should read +12 if the engine
        isn't running.

        The Green-Brown wire supplies the +12 to the + side of each coil so
        you'll be looking for a break in the connection between the coils.

        Start with the connectors since a break in the wire itself is quite
        unlikely. Clean both the male and female parts of the connectors to
        give bright metal. Squeeze the female side a tad if it's not a tight
        fitting on the coil. Pull the sheath back and check the wire
        termination - if there's any sign of corrosion, solder in a new
        connector.

        If still no joy after this, get back to us. We like a challenge...

        Cheers
        John
      • Larry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
          >>if there's any sign of corrosion, solder in a new
          connector.<<
          LOL thats all it was - right where the wire went into the female connector - simple little problem with devistating results
          -Thanx for the help