Re: 900vs1200 / CORBIN seat / pickup coil

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
      Todd -
      The first time I swung a leg over my 900 was to ride
      from Boston to Atlanta, 1271 miles. So it can be done.
      What the guys are trying to say is either bike will
      do just great, the real "depender" is how much intown
      are you planning, because the 900 has an advantage if
      you stop often or do commuting.

      The Trophy does feel "heavy" under 5 mph, but it is a
      vastly superior to any "naked" bike you can buy,
      ESPECIALLY for touring where wind buffeting becomes
      a MAJOR fatigue factor. My trip took 3 days, so I was
      doing more than 400 miles each day. The only reason
      I stopped was hunger. The only thing that you'll want
      naked on a touring bike is the lady sitting behind you!

      I used to drive big busses. You HAVE to get used to
      parking in places where you can pull straight out.
      It is simply illegal to back a bus in many states,
      but if you want to haul 70 people, a bus is required.
      So you learn to think early and often about parking.

      The heaviness in Trophies is the same way. It's not a
      "show stopper", you simply need to think and plan
      ahead. Pull to the closest fuel pump. Do not ride a
      Trophy to Wal-Mart. Do not ride on dirt roads. Just use
      a little common sense and you'll be in love before
      the first week is out. I promise.

      Hope this helps.

      Smitten in Suwanee

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jet_cmx" <jet_cmx@y...> wrote:

      > ... hey, thanks Neil.

      Would you think a "Triple" to be a better first bike? I
      have looked at several "naked" bikes with more relaxed
      geometry for touring.

      > Todd
    • Scott & Sandy Plank
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
        Huh?

        I ride to Wal-Mart and to the grocery store all the time. I also ride
        an occasional dirt road. Both have been pretty enjoyable on my 1200 :-)

        Scott
        2002 Azure Blue BBBB

        On Friday, December 3, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Richard wrote:

        > The heaviness in Trophies is the same way. It's not a
        > "show stopper", you simply need to think and plan
        > ahead. Pull to the closest fuel pump. Do not ride a
        > Trophy to Wal-Mart. Do not ride on dirt roads. Just use
        > a little common sense and you'll be in love before
        > the first week is out. I promise.

      • Dean Barger
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
          I RIDE MY TROPHY 1200 TO WALLY WORLD OFTEN !

          ;P

          Richard <rfwhat@...> wrote:

          Todd -
          The first time I swung a leg over my 900 was to ride
          from Boston to Atlanta, 1271 miles. So it can be done.
          What the guys are trying to say is either bike will
          do just great, the real "depender" is how much intown
          are you planning, because the 900 has an advantage if
          you stop often or do commuting.

          The Trophy does feel "heavy" under 5 mph, but it is a
          vastly superior to any "naked" bike you can buy,
          ESPECIALLY for touring where wind buffeting becomes
          a MAJOR fatigue factor. My trip took 3 days, so I was
          doing more than 400 miles each day. The only reason
          I stopped was hunger. The only thing that you'll want
          naked on a touring bike is the lady sitting behind you!

          I used to drive big busses. You HAVE to get used to
          parking in places where you can pull straight out.
          It is simply illegal to back a bus in many states,
          but if you want to haul 70 people, a bus is required.
          So you learn to think early and often about parking.

          The heaviness in Trophies is the same way. It's not a
          "show stopper", you simply need to think and plan
          ahead. Pull to the closest fuel pump. Do not ride a
          Trophy to Wal-Mart. Do not ride on dirt roads. Just use
          a little common sense and you'll be in love before
          the first week is out. I promise.

          Hope this helps.

          Smitten in Suwanee

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jet_cmx" <jet_cmx@y...> wrote:

          > ... hey, thanks Neil.

          Would you think a "Triple" to be a better first bike? I
          have looked at several "naked" bikes with more relaxed
          geometry for touring.

          > Todd

          Please remember that all opinions, suggestions, data citations & comments are solely & strictly the responsibility of each contributor. Making use of the information is solely at the risk & discretion of the reader!

          FAQs:

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Robert Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2004
            Was posted:

            Pull to the closest fuel pump. Do not ride a
            Trophy to Wal-Mart. Do not ride on dirt roads. Just use
            a little common sense and you'll be in love before
            the first week is out. I promise.

            Hope this helps.

            Smitten in Suwanee

            I Always pull to the last pump so it's easier to get out. I regularly ride
            my Trophy 1200 to Wally World. And the road I live on which is a mile and a
            half long wasn't paved until early October of this year. My trophy gets
            ridden regularly. I'm 5'6" tall with a 29" inseam and 160lbs.
            Michelle learned to ride on the dirt rd also. She has put over 9000 miles
            on her PC-800 every trip included a ride in and out on the dirt rd. She is
            5'2" tall and 120lbs with SHORT legs.

            Bob Clark
            01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
            96 Magna Rd Honda PC-800