Re: Corbin seat

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2004
      Michael -
      You are correct. The oil cooler is an all-aluminum
      dip-brazed assembly. It cannot be repaired, only replaced.
      There are used oil coolers here and on eBay all the time
      in the price range of $20 to $50. Used is as good as new.

      To keep this from happening again, you need to extend your
      front fender down to the level of the bottom of the
      lower fairing. I did this after loosing a cooler and
      have had zero problems since. I'll be glad to send you
      photos if you drop me a private email.

      Richard

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Michael Barrell
      <nigerbundakie@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings from Oz! I'm having a run of bad luck with my bloody
      Trophy. A rock or something flew up the other day and hit the oil
      cooler, breaking it. Dropping oil fast, I made it close enough to
      the local triumph dealer for them to come and get me because I was
      sick of sharpening my riding skills after a while with a nice oil-
      covered back tyre and no back brake. I'm told it cant be welded
      satisfactorily where the break is and so a new cooler is required
      from Triumph. Guess what - no 1200 late cooler in stock in Oz, so it
      has to come from England.