Re: [TriumphTrophy] 1200 Trophy running badly

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2004
      Look at the coils and substitute known good coils to test.

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      96 Magna Red Honda PC-800
      71 Suzuki T-500

      > From: "andy_trophy12" <andyaveyard@...>
      > Date: 2004/11/02 Tue AM 09:20:40 EST
      > To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [TriumphTrophy] 1200 Trophy running badly

    • andy_trophy12
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2004
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <rfwhat@b...> wrote:

        > Andy -
        > Sorry to hear of your problems. There are 2 known issues with the
        > Trophy, but to help you we need the total mileage on the bike, not
        > how far since the last tuneup. The fuel filters seem to need
        checking
        > every 15,000 miles or so. The ignition triggers seems to go out
        > every 20-24,000.

        Thanks for your reply, the bike has covered a fraction under 17000
        miles so that would fit in with what you suggest. I did suspect
        water in the fuel but this would be the first time it's ever
        happened (if it is that).